The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler and Canucks

Nuckslifex

I don't think kesler wants out. but i do believe we need the coach, GM replaced. Torts has away to make his team not want to play hockey. get rid of torts and we could be back in the playoff race not a contender but in the race. MG now idk i can go both ways on him coin flip sort to say he has made good moves with bad descions.

Who said Kesler never wanted to be here? Exactly a no name from Montreal,

On the other hand I have heard Kesler, his agent, and Jeremy Roenick all publicly state the opposite.

Who are we to believe?

I think it's time we give him the C, night in and night out he plays his heart out, He's willing to lay it all out on the line in order to win.

The no name from Montreal broke the AV firing and Tortorella hiring before any one else. He has connections. If it's true that Kesler has asked for a trade I've lost a lot of respect for him. Luongo's situation was clearly different because he signed that contract expecting to be the starting goalie for the duration of his time here. Kesler wants to bail when the team faces some adversity. A person should be judged not how they deal with success but how they deal with the obstacles and adversity they face.

1. I think interesting evidence is pointing towards Kesler wanting out.

2. When asked Gillis post-deadline why he was unable to trade Kesler, he talked about not getting the right deal etc

3. If you asked him why he wasn't able to trade the Sedins, he surely would've said he's not trying to.

4. So to me it seems evident he is trying to move Kesler.

5. And if he is, he needs Kesler's permission.

And Kesler said both that he didn't ask for a trade nor did the team ask him to waive his NTC.

6. Obviously one of these things happened. And if he's lying about one, he could be lying about the other.

Point 1 - what evidence

point 2 - He actually said he was offered several deals but none worked for the organization or its goals

http://blogs.theprov...trade-deadline/

take a listen and tell me where he said he actively tried to trade kesler

"We entertained multiple [other] offers on multiple situations today, and none of them fit our expectations or our long-term needs," said Gillis during a conference call."

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...dline-1.2561698

Point 3 - just your opinion with no basis of fact or any evidence to back it up

point 4 - Again what evidence

Point 5 - He doesnt need permission to listen to offers from teams trying to get players for cheap, he only needs permission to make the trade, no trade appealed to him hence no reason to ask to waive

Point 6 - How is it evident that one of those two things happened if in a televised interview he states he only looked at offers that came in and ultimately refused those offers

Kesler and his agent are both on record as saying that he wants to stay as well

Kesler may or may not want to be here, and if its the latter he should be moved.

That being said,

I am not even a huge fan of his, although I see the value and hole that will be left if he's gone...but no one in their right mind can say he's not playing hard.

Perhaps he's not playing for Torts but he sure as hell is playing for his teammates and this team. He has been a true competitor and professional and never has quit, much as Lou didn't.

I give them both props for giving it their all.

I don't think kesler wants out.

after the trade deadline, he said "good thing i listened to lu, even if i wanted out, i'd still be here" or whatever.

when asked if Kesler had asked to be traded, Gillis wouldn't comment--then actively shopped him at the deadline.

there is no reason to think Kesler wants to be here, when every indication in the last week seems to suggest the exact opposite.

he'll be gone on or around the draft

Point 1 - what evidence

point 2 - He actually said he was offered several deals but none worked for the organization or its goals

http://blogs.theprov...trade-deadline/

take a listen and tell me where he said he actively tried to trade kesler

"We entertained multiple [other] offers on multiple situations today, and none of them fit our expectations or our long-term needs," said Gillis during a conference call."

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...dline-1.2561698

Point 3 - just your opinion with no basis of fact or any evidence to back it up

point 4 - Again what evidence

Point 5 - He doesnt need permission to listen to offers from teams trying to get players for cheap, he only needs permission to make the trade, no trade appealed to him hence no reason to ask to waive

Point 6 - How is it evident that one of those two things happened if in a televised interview he states he only looked at offers that came in and ultimately refused those offers

Kesler and his agent are both on record as saying that he wants to stay as well

lmao "evidence" -- this is not a murder mystery with details waiting to be found. everything goes on behind closed doors and what is presented to the public is literally all smoke and mirrors. we are left in the dark intentionally, because that means "THEY" are left in the dark, too

Gillis isn't going to play his hand to anyone, which is probably why he is always so inconsistent in his explanations for absolutely everything

We do not know what happened behind closed doors, but it seems like every analyst in the country was on the same page in thinking Kesler was being shopped

lmao "evidence" -- this is not a murder mystery with details waiting to be found. everything goes on behind closed doors and what is presented to the public is literally all smoke and mirrors. we are left in the dark intentionally, because that means "THEY" are left in the dark, too

Gillis isn't going to play his hand to anyone, which is probably why he is always so inconsistent in his explanations for absolutely everything

We do not know what happened behind closed doors, but it seems like every analyst in the country was on the same page in thinking Kesler was being shopped

The poster that I had responded to use the term "evidence" so I responded in kind, when it came to the trade deadline and kesler and the reports of kesler wanting out I do not see any inconsistencies all parties stated NO he didnt want out.

Every analyst starting with L. Jean who had a "source", come on how gullible are people on cdc, have you never heard of media drumming up interest for the trade deadline. Look at the reports of MSL wanting out, it broke in the sports news and he nor his agent came out to dispute it and he got traded, flipside reports of Kes wanting out and almost instantly both kes and his agent both disputed it, why would kes and agent dispute it if he did want out ? it didnt affect the msl trade

Every gm who sees weakness tries to go after players like kes and our team is very weak. Every analyst just repeated the same info which is their job.

Kesler was told not to make a big deal out of it because if he does it's going to lower his trade value possibly and create another media circus surrounding the team. He doesn't want to be here and I don't blame him right now.

The undisputed reports of MSL wanting out didnt lower the value of the 38 year old imo, tb got Ryan Callahan, first round pick in 2015 and a second rounder in 2014 and that is in a deadline where people were admittedly going cheaper than usual and he asked specifically to be traded to NYR. By Kesler and his agent denying he wanted out, it possibly made it a bigger circus with more speculation. Another media circus isnt what vancouver needs so if he created one by asking for a trade and not denying it FAQ and Gillis would probably be more motivated to move him quickly and end the circus that is the canucks.

It's amazing how a twitter rumor can destroy the view of a player, by some of the most die hard fans no less. We did the same thing with Schnieder, Hodgson, heck even Tanev was a greedy punk KHL bound for a month lololol.

Sheep, pathetic.

Damn str8 eh!

PROOF

people need to post some actual evidence of all these wild accusations they just love to make on here you might as well work for the media

How about how he is playing? Matthias and Sestito are putting in a better effort

Archived