The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts vs. AV

vcrguy

I like how Torts talks with the media and calls it like it is. I like how passionate he is about things and how he's trying to make us a tougher team.

Having said that, I can't help but think we'd have more points and be doing better if AV was our coach this year? I think we'd be a playoff team if we had AV this year.

I think AV knew how to handle the Sedins better (didn't make them block shots or play PK) wasn't in player's faces as much (some players can't handle that) and he certainly wouldn't have created the circus in Calgary that started our free fall down the standings.

Do you agree or disagree?

look AV and these bums got to beat up on a terrible division for years .... it made them all look alot better than they were even last year we won the division but we had 4 more points than 9th place..... now we have a tougher schedule and no push back from our players....add some injuries and you have what we have today.... these guys appeared to have nothing left in them with AV so we got a coach that could apply pressure and see if he comes up with diamonds or reveal all our cracks.... and our core guys shown us they are not diamonds they are cracks....

look AV and these bums got to beat up on a terrible division for years .... it made them all look alot better than they were even last year we won the division but we had 4 more points than 9th place..... now we have a tougher schedule and no push back from our players....add some injuries and you have what we have today.... these guys appeared to have nothing left in them with AV so we got a coach that could apply pressure and see if he comes up with diamonds or reveal all our cracks.... and our core guys shown us they are not diamonds they are cracks....

Except for the commonly overlooked fact that they destroyed almost every Eastern Conference team too over the years while having a weaker division. Why is this even a bad thing at all anyways? I am happy that we were lucky enough to have a weak division and won all the time. I guess everyone else wanted to be in a harder division and not win that much and not make the playoffs? Is there ever any winning with the all the mopey folks from this fanbase?

This group had a good run and it's coming to an end. Who cares what AV could have done if he was still here; he's gone. I guess I should join in the depression thread making. Here's one to start, If Rick Ley was still the coach, would he have a better record than Torts? Or I bet Pat Quinn would make these guys score more goals!

Look henrik, daniel and burrows are struggling severely right now. Edler is almost minus thirty and kesler is on pace for his worst plus minus of his career. I can go on and on but I will just say this; this team has never looked so terrible in one season and don't use the division excuse we only play each team once more this season and have been swept by the Wild so far and have lost to Edmonton already. This team looks far worse with Torts than it did with AV. "More is less with Torts".

Look henrik, daniel and burrows are struggling severely right now. Edler is almost minus thirty and kesler is on pace for his worst plus minus of his career. I can go on and on but I will just say this; this team has never looked so terrible in one season and don't use the division excuse we only play each team once more this season and have been swept by the Wild so far and have lost to Edmonton already. This team looks far worse with Torts than it did with AV. "More is less with Torts".

my point was this team was trending in this direction with AV and the fact that torts was unable to stop the bleeding means its the players not the coach...

Guest Gumballthechewy

I came here hoping for a video of Torts throwing down with AV...

CDC you disappoint once again...

i think there is blame enough to go around....the question is, who gets blamed for what....

reports say that the aquilinni's would not pay part of lu's contract last year and now has opted to do that.

apparently, the aquilinni's wanted torts....

tort's decision to play lack instead of lu, is said to have pushed gillis to move lu.....

gillis has made some bad decisions and some good decisions....

he has proved he won't move kesler for offers that don't help this team...

i'ld like to hear from the players on wether they are tuning torts out....

we can all give our opinions on who is to blame but until we know for sure where the blame lays, we must wait

i think there is blame enough to go around....the question is, who gets blamed for what....

reports say that the aquilinni's would not pay part of lu's contract last year and now has opted to do that.

apparently, the aquilinni's wanted torts....

tort's decision to play lack instead of lu, is said to have pushed gillis to move lu.....

gillis has made some bad decisions and some good decisions....

he has proved he won't move kesler for offers that don't help this team...

i'ld like to hear from the players on wether they are tuning torts out....

we can all give our opinions on who is to blame but until we know for sure where the blame lays, we must wait

Why do we need someone to blame? To make ourselves feel better than we can pin someone down and brow beat them to death for being the cause of this mess? Is neogtiating in public and risking talking about players under contract to other teams really what you want to hear? Do you really think that they players are going to come out an crucify the coach when talking to Tony G on the record? Is that road you want to go down? Airing dirty laundry in public. The worse this gets the crazier the ideas are getting.

Archived