The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are our Options with a Lottery win? Long Read

Warhippy

^ shouldn't surprise us, CDC is full of these ppl

They breed like cockroaches I swear.

is it that hard to see the words unlikely and hypothetical in a post and then contribute?

It must be, and so much harder to contribute than it is to post a useless comment in general.

Bennett, Dal Cole, Reinhart, Ekblad. Any of these four I would be stoked with.

If we get the #1 pick, I would be very uneasy dropping out of the top 5. There is still some good talent outside of the top 5 in Perlini, Draisaitl or Virtanen, but I think the drop off is quite a bit and I would want serious compensation for a move like that.

Why bother contributing to a conversation that is so outlandish and isn't worthy of making any real comment on other than the opinion I already expressed..?
But then why bother posting at all?

Hey, this line of discussion can continue indefinitely. Thanks for your contribution to this threads' extension. :)

Anyways i will contribute.

If we somehow end up with the 1st overall pick, via lottery win

I want Ekblad. We are stacked on D, but then we've never had a D prospect so very highly touted.

At the same time if Buffalo were to offer us the Isles or their own pick in 2015, a pick in this draft and one of their prospects for a chance to draft Ekblad I would be thrilled as well.

The reason being is I am not sold that Bennett or Reinhart are true #1 centers the same way i am not sold on RNH being a true #1 center. To many holes in their games that I personally believe (in my opinion) will not translate into the NHL game as fixable issues. 2A centers for sure but not surefire #1s

I wonder if the oilers would do Yakupov and this years pick, most likely top 3, just to get Ekblad. Really it's going to take at least yak and a first to land their dream dman. Why not trade before hand and be able to proudly draft him into an oiler jersey.

Come out of the draft with Yak and Reinhart/Bennett. Win win for both teams

I would healthy scratch Edler 6 or 7 times in the final 10 of this year if we're out, so that way he might be more receptive to waiving his ntc. Try to get a young prospect+ pick for him. Then of course if we took Ekblad if we should happen to win the lotto, I'd insert him right away for at least 9. True elite players that are dominate in the nhl by the Time they're 23 or 24 have played in the nhl since they were 18.

We win the lottery and Edmonton has second overall I'd offer 1st Schroeder for yak their 1st.

Edmonton leaves the draft with Schroeder Ekblad

We get Yakupov Reinhart

Yakupov Reinhart Jensen

Shinkaruk Horvat Kassian

Rebuild done, gillis' process was legit

You wouldn't even have to trade Kesler lol

Why bother contributing to a conversation that is so outlandish and isn't worthy of making any real comment on other than the opinion I already expressed..?

Why post anything then? Now you're contributing in a negative way.

I think Reinhart is legit. He's such a cerebral player, and can get it done a number of ways. I thought he was Canadas best forward at the WJCHs. 96 points in 55 gp in his draft year. 6'1" and a local boy. Hell be an offensive stud imo.

I do think that you have to pick Ekblad at #1 if you have that pick. Franchise d-men are so rare, and I have no doubt that he'll be that for one lucky team.

Archived