The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Farewell Gillis Thread

vancouverdepression

MjAxMy0wNzhjN2M2ODI1ZjQxNGYy_51dd76461b533.png

You were taking a dump when Burrows scored one of the biggest goals in Canuck History,

You were on a golf course on one of the biggest trade deadline days in franchise history,

You are condecending to every single Canuck fan you eagerly try to alienate,

You have to pay millions of dollars to buyout players you aquired as part of your job,

THE ENTIRE HOCKEY WORLD IS LAUGHING AT OUR TEAM.

Goodbye Mike Gillis, read the card above.

And read what fans below say as well....

CANUCKS FOREVER

this incompetent bozo brought us 2 president trophies and a stanley cup final. You talk about all the things he did wrong but what about bringing in malhotra, torres, ehrhoff, hamhuis, samuellson, lapierre, and higgins? These guys were all crucial acquisitions yet you attribute no success to gillis.

/thread

this incompetent bozo brought us 2 president trophies and a stanley cup final. You talk about all the things he did wrong but what about bringing in malhotra, torres, ehrhoff, hamhuis, samuellson, lapierre, and higgins? These guys were all crucial acquisitions yet you attribute no success to gillis.

/thread

and in the last 3 years ... ?

I was right pissed nothing happened on trade deadline.. but then I watched the interview with Gillis (on the golf course??) and I legitimately believed him. The media has done a great job of working against him. Don't get me wrong there are definitely things he's done that I disagree with, but after the fact, there are reports that Philly never offered anything and Shero was offering some bunk package for Kesler (even though, apparently he would match anything anyone else offered).

Honestly, we are better off without Luo. Love the guy, but he was treated like crap and there's no way he would play for this time anymore after those shenanigans. I would be VERY concerned if Gillis took any of the so-called "great offers" as Dreger reported, for Kesler.

This off-season is the defining point of Gillis' job. If he messes up, he's gone. I personally think he has the potential to do something great, he just has to not be afraid to unload some players to do it.. This could be a very fast rebuild/retool, or whatever you want to call it, if he makes the right moves that "make sense" or "move the direction we want to go"

Archived