The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Mock Draft - Canucks take Kempe

Man a top 5 pick and a trade for a pick in the 6-10th range would do nothing but wonders for our future. Say we trade Kesler to the team with the 10th overall in a package (I'll use the Islanders as an example: Strome, 10th overall, 40th overall)

5th - Michael Dal Colle

10th - Jake Virtanen

Dal Colle - Strome - Virtanen

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Kassian

Fox - Gaunce - Jensen

Archibald - Cassels - Grenier

And then the Canucks tank for McDavid :D .

and lose the draft lottery. :sadno:

It's actually a pretty high chance for that to happen. Pretty sure it's only a 25% chance of winning the lottery if you come in last which is pitiful.

Also the NHL needs to change it's format so that the draft winners are announced live.

What's so special about Virtanen? 67 points in 67 games? Gillis better not draft him because he's a "BC boy". Pretty poor reason to draft a player if you ask me

You cant just look at each prospect and list them statistically, he is one of the younger players in the draft 6 foot 1 200+lbs still growing, scored fastest skater both forwards and backwards, has an amazing shot,

thehockeywriters.com/nhl-draft-war-room-jake-virtanen/

Read this and watch the video

www.ontheforecheck.com/2014/2/26/5450788/jake-virtanen-2014-nhl-draft-profile-video-calgary-hitmen

"According to data released by Sport Testing, Virtanen had the highest overall grade from the on-ice tests.

Among the highlights was his top time in the 30-meter forward sprint at 3.92 seconds, as well as the top time in the 30-meter backwards sprint, 4.55 seconds."

Yea I'm sure hockey db stats for him are a Cple years old, WHL one is most accurate

For warhippy:

Kids another example of someone gaining 30lbs and not affecting his speed or game negatively at all but enhancing it.

For Virtanen u read and see in his videos how hard he hits, quoted as being hit by a truck lol

It's actually a pretty high chance for that to happen. Pretty sure it's only a 25% chance of winning the lottery if you come in last which is pitiful.

Also the NHL needs to change it's format so that the draft winners are announced live.

Watch the Oilers get it again.

vomit-projectile.jpg

this assuming that the canucks don't make the playoffs. what happens if they do make the playoffs then what will the order be.

The selection order in the Entry Draft is determined by a combination of lottery, regular season standing, and playoff results. However, teams are permitted to trade draft picks. In all cases, the team considered is the original holder of the draft pick, not a team which may have acquired the pick via a trade or other means.It has been claimed that the lottery system was introduced after the Ottawa Senators were suspected of having deliberately lost games in order to draft Alexandre Daigle in 1993.

At the conclusion of the regular season, the 14 NHL teams not qualifying for the playoffs are entered in a weighted lottery to determine the initial draft picks in the first round, seeded according to regular season standing. The 30th-place team has the best chance of winning the lottery while the 29th-place team has a 18.8% chance of winning, with odds diminishing to a 0.5% chance for the 17th-place team. A single selection from the lottery pool is made, with the winning team improving its draft position to the number 1 spot, and no team dropping more than one place.

The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results. Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners are then sorted by points, then the rest of the field are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks.

When teams lose their rights to a first round draft choice, because that player was not signed to a contract and consequently re-entered the entry draft or became an unrestricted free agent, they are awarded a compensatory draft pick. This selection will be the same numerical choice as the first round draft pick who was not signed, but in the second round. For example, if a team cannot sign the seventh overall first round draft choice, it will receive the seventh pick in the second round of the next draft as compensation.

"Follow me on Twitter @IanEsplen for Fun, Flames, WHL and the Draft

Based on standings as of March 7th.

1- BUF- Sam Reinhart, C, Kootenay

I still think he's the safest pick of what I'm calling the "Big 4. Buffalo can't pass on that as they re-build.

2- EDM- Aaron Ekblad, D, Barrie

Edmonton needs and everyone believes that they get it along with their future captain - sorry Taylor.

3- FLA- Sam Bennett, C/LW, Kingston

All he does is put up points and play a complete game. He'll fit in well with all of the Panthers young players. I wonder though, would the Panthers move up for Ekblad?

4- NYI- Leon Draisaitl, C/LW, Prince Albert

When it's all said and done, Draisaitl, might be the best player in the draft. He could likely step into a number of NHL lineups next season.

5- CAL- Nicholas Ritchie, LW, Peterborough

Brian Burke type of guy. I haven't seen a 6'3, 230 pound player with his skill since Todd Bertuzzi in his prime.

6- NASH- Michael Dal Colle, LW, Oshawa

The Preds are always on the hunt for offence and Dal Colle can certainly provide that."

I think your top 6 is accurate and since we are on pace to finish with the 6th pick, thats all I wish too look at right now.

I truly think Ritchie will be taken by NYI or Calgary leaving us with Leon Draisatl or Michael Dal Colle unless someone in the top 5 goes off the board or is very high on Nylander or Ehlers, than still we would be getting our guy.

The Vancouver Canucks need to take Roland Mckeown. Future 25 minute dman, who has off the charts Hockey IQ, excellent skater, and offensive game. Right handed shot, plays the game like Ehrhoff/ Brian Campbell. I know he's ranked 26, but we should grab him.

:picard:

this assuming that the canucks don't make the playoffs. what happens if they do make the playoffs then what will the order be.

Lets go conservatively and say 92points gets you a playoff spot....do you honestly believe our boys will go 12-3 to finish the year, after barely being able to win 2 in their last 10?

#TankNation

:picard:

why the Face palm for Roland Mckeown?

Any guess as to where Erik Karlsson was ranked at this point in the season during his draft year?

give up....somewhere around 40th in Europe.

not saying I'd take Roland Mckeown, but I wouldn't hate the pick if they traded down 5-7 spots and took him.

Archived