The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

lineup for next season?

Nessnuck27

If MG has a clue I would expect there to be some different players on this team next season. That being said, Bieksa told us on after hours that Kesler did not ask to be traded and that it was misinformation. Not sure who to believe.

Here is what I would like to see..

Sedin Sedin kesler

Burrows santorelli kassian

Higgins matthias jensen

Sestito Richardson hansen

Hamhuis tanev

Garrison bieksa

Edler stanton

Weber

Lack

Markstrom

No single move over the summer?! I'd go crazy! And there would be an uprising.

This team as is can not contend for the cup.

This is the exact same lineup as this year if everybody was healthy with booth substituted with Jensen. The same lineup that barely beat the ahl flames. I think kesler is out and pouliot is in. Horvat should be in there too. If it weren't for NTCs and players selfishly keeping this sinking ship sinking then the rebuild could happen a lot faster.

- Kesler isn't too fond of playing the wing, and with more possibilities after the season I think there's a 90% chance he's gone.

- Burrows is barely a second liner let a lone a first liner.

- I think it's a waste of Hansens talents to have him play on the fourth line. Trade him for what you can get and fill his spot

I think Higgins is one of those players who you trade while his value is high. He's solid but for a rebuilding team he doesn't have much purpose taking a spot that young players can fill. Its about time we trust our young, low paid players in getting bigger roles. The top teams do it and when it doesn't work there's always options. The mentality if hanging on to our own players as much as possible has to stop. The league is a revolving door and nobody is untouchable unless they're a legit top 50 player in the league.

If MG has a clue I would expect there to be some different players on this team next season. That being said, Bieksa told us on after hours that Kesler did not ask to be traded and that it was misinformation. Not sure who to believe.

He didn't ask the team to be traded. He agent might of though.

everybody has a different idea....i think i'll stick with gillis...

i do wonder about who asked for or is trying to trade kesler and edler.....

imo, the team is in a no win situation.....they need to trade kesler and edler to turn this team around.....neither it seems, want

to be traded.....does gillis force them out or does he keep them and not improve the team......?

It's amazing how quickly a team's image/perception & self-confidence can change, or evolve.

Here on CDC, we constantly get references to 2011; to a degree that I believe is harming rational approach. Timing was important with that particular squad. Also so MANY western teams weren't at the level they're at now. We can cast an envious glance at franchises like the Avs, as they have so many emerging young talents, who are a treat to watch. But Col went through some serious(3~5 yrs?) growing pains, & were lucky to land a few gems over this period(at the draft).

Isn't it better if we all just appreciate the strong run (2 PT's, Finals), & try to use it as inspiration, moving fwd? Personally I'm quite excited about the young players we've already acquired. It's a mixture of cautious optimism, blended with curiousity about the ceilings these kids will reach. Really like our younger FA-nabs(Lack, Eriksson, Tanev, Archibald, Lain, Fox & even McEneny, et al)..If more than half these blokes REALLY pan out, we expedite this whole process (rebuild/retool/redeem?) 2 or 3 seasons, perhaps?

It's simply a big advantage that Vancouver is such a beautiful place(with passionate, dare I say, rabid?) fans, that we can attract many more freebies, as opposed to some 'other' markets. Sometimes appreciating the fairly plain, modest, and/or obvious factors, can set one in the right direction.

I hope the players maintain optimism towards the team's future. It would only help if we stayed firmly behind them. In saying this, it doesn't imply I don't want some significant adjustments. Behind the boys, but I want to see a few big changes off-season(especially getting younger, faster, etc...).

Lastly, the unexpected, inspiring, & fiery competitiveness of our farm team is(incredibly for a rookie-team) something worth emulating. Sometimes the power of an underdog is truly a sight to behold. As we develop the Comets to a very strong squad, we'll always have capable youth pushng up from beneath(within our NHL franchise).

Sedin - Sedin - _____

_____ - _____ - Kassian

Burrows - Horvat - Jensen

Higgins - Richardson - Matthias

Sestito, Santorelli

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - _____

Stanton - Bieksa

Lack

Markstrom

Kesler for a top line winger for the Sedins and a first

Edler for a young 2nd line C ready to make an impact

Sign a 2nd line LW (Cammalleri, Moulson, Gaborik etc.) and a 2nd pair RD (Niskanen, Boyle, Markov etc.)

The depth we'll have next year will be ridiculous

Archived