The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GM change who is available?

DrChill

If we dropped gillis who are the available candidates?

I know some will say Linden, but he has zero experience that I know of in nhl management, like him in a position, not gm personally.

Proposed:

Paul Fenton - Nashville Assistant GM

Mike Futa - Los Angeles Co-Director of Scouting

Burke - he also has power in the league with NHL brass...worth it in my books regardless of his attitude

Nasland - Experience with MODO in SEL.

Pierre McGuire-

Laurence Gilman

Gretzky.

Needs to be someone respected around the league. Someone with a record of sportsmanship and success. A guy like Linden would be awesome...not necessarily Linden but just that type of respected, former athlete. Guys like Yzerman, Bowman and Lemieux have all done fantastic work turning around their franchises

Needs to be someone respected around the league. Someone with a record of sportsmanship and success. A guy like Linden would be awesome...not necessarily Linden but just that type of respected, former athlete. Guys like Yzerman, Bowman and Lemieux have all done fantastic work turning around their franchises

Just because guys had good hockey careers and are respected does not make them a good GM...or a coach for that matter..I think you'll find that the best GMs in the league were fringe players or didn't play at all.

I don't get this Gillis is not respected crap..Its 30 GMs doing what's right for their team,alleigencies go out of the window..When you're in a position of weakness ,other teams will try to fleece you..When you have power,you fleece them....They all have to keep in contact with each other,whether they like each other or not..If they aren't,they're not doing their job

Burke - he also has power in the league with NHL brass...worth it in my books regardless of his attitude

Burke was affiliated with Gagliardi group..arch enemy of the Aqualini group..That alone would put Burke out of the equation..Don't waste your breath...!

Why would we fire Gillis? For the sake of drama and change? Maybe we should trade some fans to Florida..

I certainly don't hate Gillis as much as others here do, but for the fact both Schneider and Luongo are gone and the way it went down, I doubt he puts that on his resume. He has been in charge for six seasons now and while I don't know that firing him is the answer, I could understand why if it happens at the end of this season.

Just because guys had good hockey careers and are respected does not make them a good GM...or a coach for that matter..I think you'll find that the best GMs in the league were fringe players or didn't play at all.

I don't get this Gillis is not respected crap..Its 30 GMs doing what's right for their team,alleigencies go out of the window..When you're in a position of weakness ,other teams will try to fleece you..When you have power,you fleece them....They all have to keep in contact with each other,whether they like each other or not..If they aren't,they're not doing their job

I dont understand why everyone figures Sakic, Linden, Niedermayer or any ex great would all be automatic quality executive material.

I suppose you would have a big advantage getting your foot in the door, but beyond that theres basically a buttload of paperwork that has nothing to do with your previous career.

It has always puzzled me.

Are you serious?....he has experience in the SEL.?...that's a gargantuan step to the NHL..May as well hire the Steamer.

Sarcasm...nice. Well Gillis was just a player agent. Who has more qualified experience to be a NHL GM?

Archived