The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

George Strombolopoulous to be new CBC HNIC Host with Don Cherry

Danimal

Not fan of Ron Mclean by any means as sometimes he's said some dumb things. But to replace him of all people George Strombolopoulous? I really question that decision.

I understand your reservations .. I have a feeling that once you see him a few times you'll actually appreciate what he can bring

your kidding right , why would he say that?

Well it started out as one time when he was kidding around(off air) and said "shirt less cherry" and gradually evolved into "don less cherry".

No I am not kidding I met Maclean personally and asked him this question specifically.

But his full name is Donald Stewart Cherry so I can understand why that user thought it was "Donald S Cherry".

It's all good I understand.

Strombo is a loser. His guests routinely make fun of him, I remember Gordon Ramsay indirectly call him a fat slob. "At least I can see my twig and berries when I look down"

4 more years before this lame horse is put out to pasture. I recommend not watching, and instead remembering the show as it once was, like 15 years ago.

He's okay, but the CBC has worked really hard in trying to sell this guy. A little too hard.

Archived