The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Renewal packages.

BCNeil

Has anyone got their package emailed to them yet? I heard last week things were delayed, but this is getting late in the year. Anyone know whats happening? I've heard rumours that price is going up because of the weak dollar. But also heard the delay is cause price was going to go up, but now its not, cause they sucked so much.

My guess is, they had a huge renewal package they were going to send out along with combination playoff ticket purchases.

The renewal package probably had a ridiculous increase (like 11%). This would have been justified in the e-mail based on:

1) The cap is going up, and we are committing to spending to the cap

2) We've renovated Rogers Arena, and at the start of next season there will be new restaurants and more bathrooms

3) The Canadian dollar has dropped significantly since last season

Then, just as they were about to pull the trigger, they realized that morale was at an all time low. My guess is, they had a plan to wait until after the March 4 and March 6 games against PHX/DAL. If we had won both those games, as we should have, we would have been in a serious playoff contender spot. Emails would have been sent out then. Instead, we not only lost those games, but scored 1 goal combined in the two games and got destroyed. Then panic started to hit the Canucks HQ, and since then I really don't think they know what to do.

My guess is, they realized they have to revise their double digit increase down to basically zero, or else they will not be able to fill seats. But at the same time, the 3 things above will mean seriously reduced profits for the organization. On top of that, they are going to suffer a loss of playoff revenue (significant), AND a loss of merchandise sales in general. Wouldn't be surprised if a couple of years down the road the Canucks are in financial trouble again. Funny how things work out. Just a year or two ago this team seemed invincible. Now, they haven't even missed the playoffs yet and things are crumbling.

I also forgot the rumour of the day:

The Rumour: The Canucks are in *emergency talks* with Trevor Linden, trying desperately to get him to agree to be the new General Manager. If he agrees, they will fire Mike Gillis, announce Trevor Linden is the new GM, and then they will send out ticket renewal packages.

also forgot the rumour of the day:

The Rumour: The Canucks are in *emergency talks* with Trevor Linden, trying desperately to get him to agree to be the new General Manager. If he agrees, they will fire Mike Gillis, announce Trevor Linden is the new GM, and then they will send out ticket renewal packages.

Liiiiinnnnndeeeeeennnnnn!!!! nnnnnnn!!!!!!! nnnnnaaaaa!!!1 nananannannannannaaaaaa!!!

nanaaaaaa...

aaaaaaaaaa...

ah.

Does Linden have any NHL office or managerial experience at all?

If I were him, i'd steer clear of this team until they looked like they were on the rise again. And without some truly remarkable things happening in the off-season, that ain't happening.

What are we gonna do? Trade two 1sts for a pseudo star like Kessel and plan the parade?

putting linden in that position is a no-win situation. why would you want to put the team's greatest legend in a position where the fans will at some point inevitably turn on him and he'll have to be fired? his legacy would be tarnished forever.

I'm glad it hasn't come out yet - it means they are perhaps considering not raising ticket prices. I will be choked if there is any increase, let alone anything higher than the 2% or so that they usually stick us with.

sakic is doing well. I wouldn't mind linden. Heart n soul guy that knows what it takes to win. He knows the Vancouver media and the pressure, respected around the league and he'll obviously have different areas of management holding his hand through the process. I don't know how we can say it wont work until we try it.

There also might be the fact that he doesn't want to join the organization due to his successful gym business. Either way, canucks fans will respect him if he ever becomes GM and gets run out. Gretzky is still the great one after failing to lead the coyotes.

Hopefully, thousands of hard core Canucks fans have been saving up for years now, and have a chance to get season's tickets, so that the stands are once again, filled with real fans.

Cross my fingers!

doubt it.. mostly will be the lower bowl tickets that will be freed up... starts at $11k for 2 ppl... Most of the ppl I know that got lower bowl will not renew.. While most upper bow will be.. Since it's only $2-3k

Archived