The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The lack of respect for the Canuck Stars by Refs is disgusting

*Buzzsaw*

Slater and Kesler have an exchange... they are physically challenging each other.

A minute later, Slater holds his knee in position, he can see the collision, he definitely braces himself to put his strength behind holding his knee solid. Kesler does not even see him coming.

Both players spin on contact, Slater looks at the Ref immediately... He knows.

But no 5 minute penalty...

Ho Hum.... just another day at the office for another NHL Ref.

Daniel Sedin gets boarded behind the net, serious injury... no problem...

Kesler gets knee taken out... serious injury... no problem...

Oh wait... the Canucks are running out of Star players... ok then you can take a run at Hamhuis... no problem.

We've been going through this for the last 4 seasons, ever since the Canucks became contenders...

It's been very obvious, the NHL might as well have put up a sign which says:

"OPEN SEASON ON CANUCKS"

Pretty sure the Canucks got away with a few there too.

Either way, this is what they get for being a team that embellished for the last few seasons.

While usually agree with you 99% of the time, saying we have embellished in the past(every team does) that it is ok to miss blatant calls on us ? That sounds like

"Did you see what she was wearing ? She was definitely asking for it"

I actually think the refing has been pretty fair as of late, Daniel was hit by Methot, who is huge, cleanly into the boards but Daniel was trying avoid the hit and crashed awkwardly, and Slater could have avoided the knee on Kesler but i think a 2 minute penalty was fine.

I saw two Canuck plays that were pretty obvious penalties that weren't called and the replay of the Kesler injury looks to me like both players had their legs out a tad so that penalty seems to be right. Just a bad break for Kes. The refs were even tonight IMHO.

While usually agree with you 99% of the time, saying we have embellished in the past(every team does) that is ok to miss blatant calls on us ? That sounds like

"Did you see what she was wearing ? She was definitely asking for it"

It means that if there is doubt in the refs mind, that we don't get the benefit of it.

That's what guys like Burrows and Kesler have done for this team. They're both on referee lists for known embellishers.

The only way they get calls now is if they're blatant, like we saw tonight.

Redundant.

(I don't mean the thread - I mean the phenomena the OP is describing).

For me, the ultimate irony is the fact that Hank was penalized (for an uber soft 'hook', typical of the countless minors they get assessed for soft infractions) as he took a viscious (unpenalized) cross-check that ended his Iron Man streak. NHL handling/'management' of the Sedins in a nutshell.

Are people still blaming the refs for everything? Get over it man.

As well, teams still get to run our goaltender at will. Shouldn't happen.

I think Alex Edler had a little something to do with that tonight. The guy is always crosschecking and driving players into our crease.

Archived