The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lionheart Tactics - FTP TRPG for IOS

avelanch

like final fantasy tactics (or other tactics RPGs)? they you might like this game.

it's a little odd, since it's a Free To Play game so there are countdown timers for when a player promotes, naturally heals, learns new skills, etc. and you can use "crowns" to speed up actions. You can earn crowns though battles, or you can buy them, but you don't need to use them at all.

i'm only a day into it, but it seems like a very solid TRPG, with great graphics, cool 3d battles, and a variety of options, classes, and items. it's been getting good reviews, and i picked it up so i had something to do in between days of upgrading in clash of clans.

here's the game's website:

http://lionhearttactics.com/

and a trailer

and some gameplay

I'm not a fan of the FTP elements, and i think the game would be better if they were removed, even if i had to pay for the game outright, but i guess it's not the worst thing in the world.

anyone else playing this?

Is this PC or Mobile (Android, iOS, etc)? It isn't immediately obvious from their website. I'd guess tablet/mobile with the swipe options in the tactics video?

EDIT: looking through their forum/FAQs I'd guess iOS, but I still don't see an obvious reference.

For anyone with Android or iOS devices (and currently in Canada or a few other select countries, it releases to more countries soon) the follow up to my favourite mobile game ever just came out. Wind Up Knight 2 is a great side scroller with 3D graphics and tough but fun levels.

http://robotinvader.com/blog/

WUK2-1.png

WUK2-2.png

WUK2-3.png

It even has external controller support:

yeah, most small devs work on a single device, and then after that is out and they are making money, they work on porting it over to the other devices.

Apparently the game is made Emerald city games, located in Burnaby, BC. pretty cool... i wonder how long before EA snaps them up...

Archived