The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Zalewski | C/LW

Joel Heyman

Although he only got one assist tonight. He made two big plays for Kesler's snipe and Corrado's goal. Made good simple plays to keep the puck alive in the offensive zone that ended up in goals for us.

He was impressive the two game stint he got.

Big kid who plays decent position. Looking forward to his coming year in Utica.

Another young guy with size, intelligence and develop-able skills .. dam'nit Gillis .. another lousy signing!

Any one else here the Gilman interview (team 1040 ) when he stated he was in the East on a secret assignment...is there more NCAA FA signing coming ? You wonder how the team continues without a figure head handing out the assignments where parties should travel to, look at, When will the scouting meetings start up and what impact can Linden have after never scouting any players all season....in short who's in charge

Any one else here the Gilman interview (team 1040 ) when he stated he was in the East on a secret assignment...is there more NCAA FA signing coming ? You wonder how the team continues without a figure head handing out the assignments where parties should travel to, look at, When will the scouting meetings start up and what impact can Linden have after never scouting any players all season....in short who's in charge

Hes bringing the comets to abb

now that our season is over, he can go there... right?

I don't see why he couldn't

Same thing applies as far as I know. There wasn't any stipulation mentioned that he had to stay with us only during our season.

They certainly haven't sent him down with Corrado and Jensen so I guess that answers the question.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he will make the team next year, he really surprised me with how well he can keep up with NHL players. Never really looked out of place, and he has better hands and passing than I thought. Originally I thought he might just turn into some 4th-liner but I think he has the skill to be a top 9 player one day.

Everyone talks about Shink, Jensen, or Horvat making the team next year but I think he has a better chance out of all our prospects, beside Jensen, to make next years team.

I think he will make the team next year, he really surprised me with how well he can keep up with NHL players. Never really looked out of place, and he has better hands and passing than I thought. Originally I thought he might just turn into some 4th-liner but I think he has the skill to be a top 9 player one day.

Everyone talks about Shink, Jensen, or Horvat making the team next year but I think he has a better chance out of all our prospects, beside Jensen, to make next years team.

When i watched him like you I was pleasantlyy surprised, but, will he knock the top prospects out of the box I hope not....that wouldn't be good. But he is older/mature and as you say certainly didn't look out of place for his first games in the NHL. Gillis must be smiling

When i watched him like you I was pleasantlyy surprised, but, will he knock the top prospects out of the box I hope not....that wouldn't be good. But he is older/mature and as you say certainly didn't look out of place for his first games in the NHL. Gillis must be smiling

Why wouldn't you be pulling for Zelewski just as much as any of Vancouver's other prospects? He may have been drafted by Vancouver but he was still scouted and signed by them.

Archived