The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Zalewski | C/LW

Joel Heyman

Mike Zalewski is a local Utica kid and a big congrats to him. New Hartford is a bordering suburban town next to Utica.

He probably knows he's not going to jump to the NHL right away, so I wonder how much playing close to home (even in the AHL) means to him. Probably quite a lot. Congrats Mike.

my theory is since he's with the team on the roadtrip, he gets assigned to utica after todays game. Canucks are heading back to Van; it makes sense to me they would send him to Utica while they are on the right side of the continent.

Wow, local kid playing in front of a local crowd in Utica. If that doesn't boost his confidence (and attendance). This is going to be a great story that we will get to see unfold in front of us here. I can see more sell-outs the rest of the season. It will be nice to see how he plays with the prospect from Notre Dame.

His 1st game in Utica should be interesting, if he is assigned here, that is. Glad I got tickets for both Friday and Sunday. I can't imagine how pumped the Aud will be when he makes his appearance. Nothing like a "home grown" product to raise the already "fan"tastic attendance. Playing in front of that crowd will certainly raise his game.

Like avelanch, not sure what line he'll be on, but he may just start on the 1st line, just to get the crowd into it even more.

Pretty good story unfolding here in Utica.

no, that's false. in the past, the AHL had a clear day roster that was a week following the nhl trade deadline which restricted who could play for the AHL team, but that was eliminated with the latest CBA.

"Due to the new NHL collective bargaining agreement, AHL clear day rosters, which set player eligibility parameters from the trade deadline through the Calder Cup playoffs, will no longer exist,"http://artfulpuck.wordpress.com/2013/01/29/ahl-clear-day-roster-rule-changes/

Archived