The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack feeling the heat in Vancouver - responding to trolls

-Vintage Canuck-

558728_634809249901760_142759876_n.jpg

Poor guy, I'd hate to have to deal with this kind of fan base. I know it's been a rough year for the Canucks, but come on give the kid a break and this isn't all his fault for all the mess that has occurred this season. What about the Canucks management where they threw Lack into a position he's not ready for? This is why nobody wants to play in Vancouver, with some fans acting like idiots and trashing player(s) without having any clue what they're talking about. Unfortunately this is how goalies get treated in this city.

Enough people, he doesn't deserve this crap.

While I completely agree with Lack, I do find it concerning that this is happening already. I'm starting to think that Twitter was one of the worst things that could have ever happened to pro athletes. I really hope Lack is just having a bit of fun and this isn't really getting to him, but I doubt the organization is thrilled that their starting goaltender is replying to trolls on the internet.

OMG he is already feeling the pressure? This guy won't last in this market...

I'm not surprised he is thinking it, I'm sure Luongo and any professional athlete who has ever played in a fish bowl market feels exactly as he does, but to publicly announce that you're upset by it in the manner that he has? frack... that's not a good sign for things going forward. He needs to delete that tweet, and never look at his mentions EVER AGAIN. Then he needs focus on playing net to the best of his ability and avoid the fan's perceptions of him. Heck, just avoid anyone's opinion that isn't his teammates or the coaching staffs.

Also he has really opened himself up to the trolls now, they've smelt blood. Tough, but he should seriously consider deleting his twitter account.

and for the love of god Vancouver fans do we have to do this again? Eventually this fan base has to realize that they're playing a decently sized role in goalie's downfalls and departures? STOP BEING SUCH DBAGS! Does no one understand the effect this constantly negative environment has on the players? Vancouver has become far too accustomed to winning. Damn I hate sports fans.

Worst fan base in the league.
BAR NONE.
There are terrible fans in every fanbase, it just so happens that Vancouver's fanbase happens to be quite large so the number of idiots we have are quite greater too. The louder and obnoxious fans are quite outspoken, but I feel like every time a bad fan incident happens it just makes EVERY Canucks fan look bad, when there's a large passionate bunch of us too..
Eddie Lack could've reacted like this lol
Bivft7cIcAAR0-b.jpg

Out fan base sucks.

You can say whatever about Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton (Yes, I said it), but you can't deny they have a better fan base(s).

Whereas ours just jump off the ship when just one season is a disaster.

Toronto had 9 years (yes, 9 Years) without making the playoffs and they have the #1 fan base in the league.

#PrayforEddie

Lack is our future kenobi. Luo wanted out for last few yrs peace out enjoy sunny florida and no cup

why wouldn't he want to enjoy sunny florida and no cup as oppose to rainy vancouver and no cup? Florida's prospect pool>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ours.. so if anything they will have a better shot at one sooner than we ever will

Amateur new fans who don't know what losing feels like. Stupidly posting crap like that, and even worse is Lack responded to him. Should ignore them and not fuel them at all...responding makes it worse for him and gives the new 'fans' more to talk crap about.

Archived