The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dalpe or Schroeder?

VIC_CITY

Dalpe or Schroeder?  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hands down Schroeder. Dalpe is useless. And I'm not a big schroeder fan unless he magically turns into Zuccarello

I agree. Dalpe looks like he has the size/tools to do well but he's pretty unimpressive game in, game out.

I voted Schroeder but I was tempted to vote get rid of both.

Dalpe has been playing 4th line minutes. He's low maintenance and he's fast, and he's 6'1". Not every player is 6'4".

Schroeder is a small speed demon, built like a tank, but gets outmatched physically in the other teams in the West. Unless he converts to a winger, I think he'd be better off playing in the wide open style of the Eastern Conference.

Trade Schroeder for Connolly in Tampa. Might be a good change of scenery for both teams. Then we can all complain when Schroeder turns into St. Louis v.2.0.

:)

I think it depends on what kinds of moves this team makes going forward. If Kassian's in the top 6 and the team is going young then I think Dalpe can fit as a winger in the bottom 6 though I think that's as far as his upside goes.

On the other hand I think Schroeder should also get an opportunity in the top 6 as a winger with big linemates. He's actually quite strong and quick, he can pass really well and he can snipe (see what he did last night?) So I'd like to see him get a chance in the top 6.

Schroeder - Kes - Kassian could be lethal going forward if Jordan keeps developing offensively. Plus don't forget, guys like Kris Versteeg have done well in talented lines with bigger forwards next to him (when he won the Cup that 3rd line was Ladd - Bolland - Versteeg).

In short, I'd keep Schroeder over Dalpe, but if there's a youth movement I wouldn't mind keeping Dalpe in the bottom 6 with hopes that he can provide scoring depth or even recognize his potential one day.

I'd want to get rid of both, but if I had to choose for next season only, it'd be Dalpe.

So you think Dalpe is currently the better player but Schroeder has more long term value?

EDIT:

Errr I may be reading that wrong. You'd keep or get rid of Dalpe?

Basically both should be cheap to keep. Schroeder still has not had a great chance at a full season to adjust to the NHL. He has only played 18 games. As for Dalpe I had hoped he had more to give but so far he has not shown much. Also he's played 49 games at only 7 points. Schroeder is only one point behind him at 18 games. So if one had to go then Dalpe but my guess is Dalpe goes to the Comets and they dump some of the players who have no hope of developing in Utica.

I like Dalpe. If he can improve defensively he could fit nicely on that fourth line and be a good energy type player. Has good wheels and decent enough hands to make some plays, and although he plays the fourth line, I think Torts likes Dalpe and the way he plays to Tort's system. Verstaile on the wing or at center.

Schroeder I like a lot, but still waiting to see him break out offensively. Just hasn't been able to get the good breaks with the injuries and overwhelming depth on this team. I dont really see him being able to find that opportunity hear as long as Hank and Kes are hear. He looks easily outmuscled out there. So in my mind he be the odd man out here.

wow there's a lot of hate for Schroeder right now. Honestly, he's a solid player. He's a few inches shorter than what would be considered normal, but he'll be a good hockey player.

The guy game off two injuries and surgery over the offseason. Just give him some time. Honestly...6 pts in 18 games played with up and down minutes, and in your rookie season is not that bad.

I don't really like either too much... I don't believe Schroeder has the size to be effective in the nhl no matter how many St. Louis comparisons people want to make. Could he make it as a third or fourth line player maybe. But if cannot win draws he is pretty useless at center. So we might be able to convert him to a bottom six checker with some skills but I still see a size issue.

I mean even guys like burrows, Higgins and Hansen have trouble on the boards when push comes to shove, how can we expect Schroeder to have success... Just my two cents.

Dalpe is a decent bottom six guy, has got speed and seems responsible defensively. Doesn't seem to have much offense but that should not matter much on the fourth line. If he is cheap he works for the bottom six... Biggest con is the lack of hitting.

I wouldnt keep either unless for Utica,,there will be no room for them next year.Sedin,Matthias,Richardson,Santo, Horvat, Cassels and possibly a centre back from a Kesler trade or free agency..where will these guys play, some bold moves need to be made and they arent the answer , why play them out of position when we have so many depth players.

Nothing against either player,but we need to see some real improvement.

Archived