The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Santorelli's Next Contract

Easton76

Had no clue what would he bring to this team but quickly became one of my favourite players. Works hard, very creative with the puck and can win draws.

2013-14 Vancouver Canucks* NHL 49 10 18 28 6

For league minimum salary, those are very respectable numbers.

The most I would give him is 2.5mil each year for 2/3 years.

Possible lineup with him resigned:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Shinkaruk - Santorelli - Higgins

Hansen - Horvat.Matthias - Burrows

Sestito - Matthias/Dalpe - Richardson

(Kesler traded for prospects and picks.)

Do you think the Canucks will resign him?

One of my favourites as well!

He had a great start to the year. Well exceeded expectations. Got hurt and ended his season early. Had he finished the season we would have had a good idea of his potential. Now there is some guessing. Canucks will not want to give him term. He will likely be offered a one year deal to prove himself. Canucks will offer up to 2m. There is a risk that he will be offered more money and longer term by another team that is willing to gamble.

Yes a No Brainer re-sign.

Prior to his injury I suggested 2 years, perhaps 3 times $2.2 mill. The guy played center on our 4th, 3rd and 2knd lines this year, RW on our 4th, 3rd, 2knd and 1st line and some LW. Did not look out of place anywhere, although it could be argued he was hitting above his weight. He checked his arse off, won puck battles was good on draws, killed penalties, took the puck to the net, was responsible defensively, had a nice collection of a Cpl of snipes, some smart passes, garbage goals and sheer effort of digging plays.

He was no worse than our 4th best forward, as hard working as Higgins offering more flexibility and a Cpl more skills.

$2.2 mill should be fair considering his age and how often he put up such seasons. I would pencil him to play 3rd line, confident he will make other players, like Jensen or Horvat, earn their positions and let their top end skills ultimately win over. And we would still have room for him!

Having the likes of Santo, Horvat, and Jensen on the team next year makes me excited. Santo has become my favourite player due to his work ethic in such a short amount of time. He has not had the chance to show his stuff in a NHL playoff run, but I can guarantee he will be one of the keys for a long run next year. $2 mil for 2yrs would be a steal for him.

1 year at 3 million or 2 years at 2 million. He is still a bit of an unknown, but he provided much more than just offense for us.

I say 1 year at 3 million because we have Horvat, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, and Fox knocking on the doors for the 15/16 season.

I think they will decide at that point who to keep between Mathias, Santorelli, Richardson, Lain and perhaps Schroeder. Kesler also comes into consideration, as well as which players switch to wing etc.

i think we need santorelli. he has no issues playing throughout the line up and is genuinely happy to be here. somewhere around 1 mill on a short term deal, 1 or 2 years, would be ideal. he deserves a little raise for carrying himself like a true pro since signing with the canucks.

Archived