Luongo 800k

Eddie 1.15m

Markstrom 1.2m

-------------

3.15 million

Santorelli-1.75-2.5 m

----------------------

4.85-5.65 million

There is the cap space trading Luo provided management-gone.

The cap goes up $7m but there are seven other FA's/UFA's to sign.

Even if the Canucks jettison Dalpe or whomever,the roster still has to be filled out.

Moving Kes for a young d man,goalie or veteran winger will provide change.

I don't see the increased cap space as the Canucks saviour.

I meant 2 million TOTAL....so 1 million per year.

Plus if we sign him to just one year and he gets the expected 40-50 point production he has shown being capable of...expect he would want 2.5+.

Burrows is getting 6 million + $2m bonus for 2 goals of production.

Booth is getting $4.5m for third line duties.

Let's pay one of three leading playmakers the Canucks had this season a million bucks.

That should work out.

If he would take it I'd offer 1.3 x 2 years with a promise to continue to showcase him and trade him to a team that will give him a chance to cash in. He's currently at .550 and has no future here but if he weren't injured this season he could have been moved at the deadline to a contender for a pick or prospect.

You guys keep on saying trade Kesler. Ok, who are we replacing him with? Don't just say trade trade trade because the team had a bad year due to various unfortunate events. We were doing pretty well before the Olympics. With our young guys coming up and a healthy group I honestly believe we can make the playoffs next year and even have a run at it.

We need to resign Santorelli for 2 mil 3 year contract. And he is not playing second line. He's a solid 3rd line center and with Richardson and Mathias on the wing, this team could be a real threat next year.

You guys are harsh low balling him. The cap is going up to a rumoured 70m, divide that by 22 players and your average roster player should be making 3.2m. Santorelli is well above avg, and is about to go to UFA in a pretty weak year.

He'll be sought after outside of Vancouver, so make him happy 3 years at 3m. Keep in mind players like Booth are making 4.2 and are highly disappointing. 3 - 3.5 for Santorelli is a bargain.

You guys keep on saying trade Kesler. Ok, who are we replacing him with? Don't just say trade trade trade because the team had a bad year due to various unfortunate events.

We need to resign Santorelli for 2 mil 3 year contract. And he is not playing second line.

Gillis was entertaining trade proposals for Kes so you should not be surprised.

Gillis also appeared to have replaced Kesler with Matthias.We have oodles of third line centers,already.

Richardson or Schoeder can play third C.Gaunce can potentially fill in if there are injuries.

Sanotorelli's bio says he has played and can play all three forward positions.

You guys are harsh low balling him. The cap is going up to a rumoured 70m, divide that by 22 players and your average roster player should be making 3.2m. Santorelli is well above avg, and is about to go to UFA in a pretty weak year.

He'll be sought after outside of Vancouver, so make him happy 3 years at 3m. Keep in mind players like Booth are making 4.2 and are highly disappointing. 3 - 3.5 for Santorelli is a bargain.

The only thing is that he didn't play an entire season, so he COULD have dropped off, and I'm sure that'll be part of negotiations

Santo has only had two good seasons in the NHL, including one being this year. He has a history of injuries, but the one full season he played with FLA he did put up decent numbers. I think you are waayy exaggerating his value.

I agree with the majority of people on here, with keeping a short term and a reasonable price. 2 years @ 2M - 2.5M range is what I would like to see. I would bet he would be willing to stay here for that, and prove he can contribute over the course of a full season.

Santo is a no brainer re-sign.

Obvious what he brought here, but the stats do reflect it as well.

Aside from the points:

22 takeaways, 7 giveaways +15

Only 43.2% offensive zone starts agains strong competition - and extremely productive in that context.

44 blocked shots in 49 games.

51.3% in the faceoff circle - again, facing quality competition.

Great energy on the forecheck.

Strong on the puck and a very good cycler, particularly for his size.

Very good playmaker who also goes to the net/hard areas and isn't above scoring ugly.

Terrific work ethic, conditioning, and upbeat/charismatic presence.

Really want to see him back regardless of the depth or where people may envision him in the lineup. He's exceptionally versatile.

That said, I think his injury will get in the way of him getting the contract he may have been on course to command - there still may remain an element of "could he have sustained that?" or "will he return to that form?" I don't doubt he will, and I'm not for lowballing him, but at the same time I could see him signing a 'bridge' deal that recognizes both what he brought, and the team that wanted him.

why not let him earn it .. 1.2 for 1 year .... if he proves himself he gets 2 years at 2 plus

because he'll sign somewhere else for more than that

don't you cheapskates think the other teams noticed his play this year

make him a fair offer or be prepared to lose him

any reasonable offer is gonna be north of 2 mil a year

You guys keep on saying trade Kesler. Ok, who are we replacing him with? Don't just say trade trade trade because the team had a bad year due to various unfortunate events. We were doing pretty well before the Olympics. With our young guys coming up and a healthy group I honestly believe we can make the playoffs next year and even have a run at it.

We need to resign Santorelli for 2 mil 3 year contract. And he is not playing second line. He's a solid 3rd line center and with Richardson and Mathias on the wing, this team could be a real threat next year.

Everyone is speculating about Kesler potentially moving on.

Who do you 'replace' him with? I'd be happy to see a guy like Stastny signed if at all possible, or a player like Dubinsky back in a package if Columbus is a possibility. Couturier+ if Philly is serious. Sobotka as part of a St Louis deal. Kesler is obviously a quality center, but not the only two way center out there, and if an additional asset or two comes as part of a retool deal, it's pretty hard not to at least consider the options seriously.

With that said,Booth had two good seasons in the NHL and Gillis signed him for four years /$19.25m after he sustained multiple head injuries.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/813

Santo has double Booth's point total and he has been gone for two months.

Gillis and Aqua are fine paying Booth $4.5m and Santo has twice his production and is not even playing.

Burrows is getting 6 million + $2m bonus for 2 goals of production.Booth is getting $4.5m for third line duties.Let's pay one of three leading playmakers the Canucks had this season a million bucks.That should work out.

Either that or he's replaced by an ELC.You make it seem like we NEED Santorelli

Everyone is speculating about Kesler potentially moving on.

Who do you 'replace' him with? I'd be happy to see a guy like Stastny signed if at all possible, or a player like Dubinsky back in a package if Columbus is a possibility. Couturier+ if Philly is serious. Sobotka as part of a St Louis deal. Kesler is obviously a quality center, but not the only two way center out there, and if an additional asset or two comes as part of a retool deal, it's pretty hard not to at least consider the options seriously.

You replace him with futures and youth. I'm amazed ppl here don't seem to get the concept of a REBUILD. We will be a weaker team NOW, but better in the FUTURE.

Wow, thank god you're not the GM.

3-3.5 is a bargain for Mike Santorelli? LOL

Pavelski makes 4M, now that's what a bargain looks like.

Santorelli hasn't accomplished enough to even get over $2m.

While we're at it we might as well re-sign Richardson to a $3.5M extension on July 6th.

Then we'll have two players who don't perform as well but make more money than our hardest worker Chris Higgins!

Wow, thank god you're not the GM.

3-3.5 is a bargain for Mike Santorelli? LOL

Pavelski makes 4M, now that's what a bargain looks like.

Santorelli hasn't accomplished enough to even get over $2m.

While we're at it we might as well re-sign Richardson to a $3.5M extension on July 6th.

Then we'll have two players who don't perform as well but make more money than our hardest worker Chris Higgins!

Yea and Santorelli is absolutely expendable. Jensen can do what he does at less than 1M

Archived