The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

F1 2014 Season Underway !

Mr.DirtyDangles

Senna would have been 54 today

ayrton_senna_karting.jpg

Was watching the race that eventually took his life. The man was quite possibly the GOAT.

Today's Google doodle pays tribute to Senna. I'm sure you've seen it:

ayrton-sennas-54th-birthday-546150692159

Sadly, I've only been able to watch his highlights on Youtube. Still the most talented driver I've ever seen.

Today's Google doodle pays tribute to Senna. I'm sure you've seen it:

ayrton-sennas-54th-birthday-546150692159

Sadly, I've only been able to watch his highlights on Youtube. Still the most talented driver I've ever seen.

Watch the documentary about him, one of the best films I've ever seen

Watch the documentary about him, one of the best films I've ever seen

It's on Youtube. I've seen it more than once. Even though I felt 100 minutes wasn't enough time, I still learned a lot from it.

And then there was Balestre. Not much needs to be said about him that wasn't made clear in the film.

It's on Youtube. I've seen it more than once. Even though I felt 100 minutes wasn't enough time, I still learned a lot from it.

And then there was Balestre. Not much needs to be said about him that wasn't made clear in the film.

couldn't agree more on both fronts

I still dont think many race enthusiasts understand how insane dirt track racing is. No traction, all power, and hold the f..k on !

Pure brutes, put the biggest, baddest engine you can lay your hands on in the lightest body the rules will allow, no mirrors, no spotter, no pit stops to adjust, go fast turn left :towel:

I liked the older tubo cars from 80's like the McLaren MP4/4 considered the best car ever made. Senna with that Honda twin turbo made it dance like no other. Sounded way better than these new turbo v6's. Hardley and downforce and an actual shifter with an H patern...no fancy buttons or paddles for the wimps. A pure drivers car.

Watching some more races of Doug Wolfgang now . Gonna watch the Wolfgang His Story before bed. If it burns fuel and lays waste to rubber i am all over it :D

I'm more into NASCAR then Formula 1, mostly because of the glorious 850 HP V8's turning 9700 RPMS, but I also enjoy Formula 1 for the ridiculous technology behind the cars (not necessarily the 'racing').

Sprint Cars are a HUGE in Pennsylvania (where I live) and seeing those cars up close is phenomenal. 850+ HP in a 1400lb car doing 140+ mph on a 1/2 mile dirt track. It is quite the sight to behold and experience up close.

I'm more into NASCAR then Formula 1, mostly because of the glorious 850 HP V8's turning 9700 RPMS, but I also enjoy Formula 1 for the ridiculous technology behind the cars (not necessarily the 'racing').

Sprint Cars are a HUGE in Pennsylvania (where I live) and seeing those cars up close is phenomenal. 850+ HP in a 1400lb car doing 140+ mph on a 1/2 mile dirt track. It is quite the sight to behold and experience up close.

Sometimes it gets a bit too close :frantic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SppFl4y6NNk

ok. people simply consider Senna as a god. but honestly...

he was good? yes he was.

but I believe Emmerson Fittipaldi was better than Senna. Fittipaldi was the 1st Brazilian to win a F1 Championship, we opened the "gates" to other Brazilian drivers like Piquet and Senna.

But Senna was carismatic, he was good to deal with people, ok he did a miracle in 1991 Brazilian GP but Piquet did better when the Brazilian GP was in Rio de Janeiro and Emmerson raced in Brazil on the old Interlagos racetrack...

he´s only considered the best Brazilian F1 driver because he died. if he didn´t people would be talking about Fittipaldi...

ok. people simply consider Senna as a god. but honestly...

he was good? yes he was.

but I believe Emmerson Fittipaldi was better than Senna. Fittipaldi was the 1st Brazilian to win a F1 Championship, we opened the "gates" to other Brazilian drivers like Piquet and Senna.

But Senna was carismatic, he was good to deal with people, ok he did a miracle in 1991 Brazilian GP but Piquet did better when the Brazilian GP was in Rio de Janeiro and Emmerson raced in Brazil on the old Interlagos racetrack...

he´s only considered the best Brazilian F1 driver because he died. if he didn´t people would be talking about Fittipaldi...

Please tell me what is better than a miracle? A car with one gear in F1 shouldn't even be drivable, let alone get a win. Senna isn't regarded so highly because of his results, its how he drove. He never let up, ever. He always went for a gap when he saw one, and let the other driver pick what the result would be. He avoided the politics and money of such a corrupt sport. His name is the most common one when asking top F1 drivers on who the best ever was.

Archived