The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ridiculous Idea that Bo Horvat Will be a 3rd Line Center

BureisBest

OHL highlights......

Yeah, let's see what he can do at the NHL level first before we start throwing out any projections

You miss the point.

A #9 draft pick is considered by many in the know to have skill. Negative boo birds give Bo no credit at all. I appreciate there is a difference in the play in junior and the NHL, but the cream always comes to the top when things are relevant. Professionals have projected Horvats skills will do him well in the NHL. "Yeah" it may be somewhat of a projection but his talent dictates that he should be given the opportunity to prove himself without negative Joes like you trying to control what others like to think or what hockey experts "project".

I find projections a lot more constructive and positive than the negativity in your opinion.

Horvat is a big skilled centre who has shown a great deal of promise and Vancouver was able to draft him. I'm glad they got him and will give him that chance to show his talent, even in the NHL. Why not make a positive projection about him?

For the record, no player gives a crap what we say on CDC.

No but because we traded away a potential franchise goaltender for him he already has expectations galore. I'm sure he's well aware of it but it's not like he was just chosen 9th overall because that was the Canucks draft position. The media, the city, all eyes will be on Horvat when he suits up and if he doesn't live up to expectations he's going to face criticism partially because he was the most prized piece acquired for both Luongo and Schneider. The media and fan base in Vancouver are some of the most critical in the league. He may thrive who knows.

No but because we traded away a potential franchise goaltender for him he already has expectations galore. I'm sure he's well aware of it but it's not like he was just chosen 9th overall because that was the Canucks draft position. The media, the city, all eyes will be on Horvat when he suits up and if he doesn't live up to expectations he's going to face criticism partially because he was the most prized piece acquired for both Luongo and Schneider. The media and fan base in Vancouver are some of the most critical in the league. He may thrive who knows.

That's true of any Canadian market, but lucky for us he already plays for one of the most high profile junior teams in the world.

You miss the point.

A #9 draft pick is considered by many in the know to have skill. Negative boo birds give Bo no credit at all. I appreciate there is a difference in the play in junior and the NHL, but the cream always comes to the top when things are relevant. Professionals have projected Horvats skills will do him well in the NHL. "Yeah" it may be somewhat of a projection but his talent dictates that he should be given the opportunity to prove himself without negative Joes like you trying to control what others like to think.

I find projections a lot more constructive and positive than negativity.

Horvat is a big skilled centre who has shown a great deal of promise and Vancouver was able to draft him. I'm glad they got him and will give him that chance to show his talent, even in the NHL. Why not make a positive projection about him?

At age 23, we're still waiting for Kassian's cream to rise to the top. Maybe things aren't relevant enough for him yet?

That's true of any Canadian market, but lucky for us he already plays for one of the most high profile junior teams in the world.

Vancouver is much worse than many Canadian markets. We are on par if not more critical at times than Montreal and Toronto. We have had this winning culture for a decade now and expectations have been sky high for the team and it's prized players.

Bo Horvat will be a 3rd line center for the next 2-3 years.

Where he goes from then is up to his skill translating to the NHL level.

I think he will be a phenomenal player, but still can't fathom why the Gillis administration passed on Nichushkin, who was clearly the type of player the Canucks needed.

Only time will tell though.

Bo Horvat will be a 3rd line center for the next 2-3 years.

Where he goes from then is up to his skill translating to the NHL level.

I think he will be a phenomenal player, but still can't fathom why the Gillis administration passed on Nichushkin, who was clearly the type of player the Canucks needed.

Only time will tell though.

He was a projected top 5 pick, so it's not just Gillis and the Canucks scouting staff who passed on him.

No team wants to risk a high pick on a Russian unless they have Ovechkin potential. The Oilers have learned their lesson.

He was a projected top 5 pick, so it's not just Gillis and the Canucks scouting staff who passed on him.

No team wants to risk a high pick on a Russian unless they have Ovechkin potential. The Oilers have learned their lesson.

I haven't heard anything about Yakupov being a flight risk.

Just because he isn't meshing with Eakins systems doesn't make him a bad player, he's still easily the best player in that draft.

Everyone on CDC was raving about Nichushkin before the draft and for good reason.

The kid is massive and pure skill. Even Jagr said he will be one of the best in the game.

It's no more ridiculous than people penciling him in at 2C as a rookie next year. Remember who San Jose's 3C is when Hertl is healthy...

I think Bo could play winger with Kes next season, a nice transition before being given a C job. Hopefully he pulls an ROR style development.

Please be Kesler 2.0, please be Kesler 2.0...

Honestly this would be the best thing going forward. If Gillis keeps his head, retains Kesler (if he actually wants to be here) and uses him as a mentor for Horvat it could really set him on the right track. Give him a chance to center his own line with a mix of being a winger, learn how to play a solid, hard hitting two-way NHL game and maybe we San Jose this "rebuild" thing. Granted the age gap is slightly larger and relies on Horvat to develop to NHL level within 2-3 years.

I haven't heard anything about Yakupov being a flight risk.

Just because he isn't meshing with Eakins systems doesn't make him a bad player, he's still easily the best player in that draft.

Everyone on CDC was raving about Nichushkin before the draft and for good reason.

The kid is massive and pure skill. Even Jagr said he will be one of the best in the game.

Jagr also said he wants to play until he's 70. He's high on NHL life 24/7 take what he says with a grain of salt.

Yakupov isn't a flight risk right now. But he won't be meshing with any coaches systems if all he wants to do is go coast to coast and lose the puck, with zero back-checking. Remember Dallas Eakins was brought in because of his ability with young players.

The reports from TSN are that the Oilers wanted to trade him but nobody is willing to give up much for him.

Nichushkin has hit the wall and he has hit it hard in Dallas, he doing the equivalent of Booth, minus the hitting.

I'd rather have a strong 2-way center over a talented winger any day. There's a reason why cup winners are built on Centers and not wingers. So teams can keep their Kessels and Ovechkins because those players don't propel you to cups.

I'd have to agree to some extent but at present the sadder fact is Sedin's still the number one guy.

.....both Sedins, have dropped a notch and would be far more useful playing fewer minutes in a secondary role teaching up and comers like Hovart whom has huge upside. I'm really looking forward to the youth thrust on this team.

Highly doubtful Hank went from the skill level of the eighth in NHL scoring to a bum in the last two months.

Nice that fans have hope in the young 'uns but Bo has done nothing for the organisation as of yet.

Honestly this would be the best thing going forward. If Gillis keeps his head, retains Kesler (if he actually wants to be here) and uses him as a mentor for Horvat it could really set him on the right track. Give him a chance to center his own line with a mix of being a winger, learn how to play a solid, hard hitting two-way NHL game and maybe we San Jose this "rebuild" thing. Granted the age gap is slightly larger and relies on Horvat to develop to NHL level within 2-3 years.

Kesler has an NTC so it was Kesler that wants out.

Archived