The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you move Schroeder?

Ugli Fruit

Schroeder is in a quirious spot. We don't want to move him because he has pretty significantly low value right now, which would indicate we should keep him. However, he has, (or at least in my eyes) has fallen really low on the center depth chart. In my opinion, our depth chart when healthy goes, Henrik, Kesler, Santo, Mattias, Richardson, Schroeder. In a full lineup, I'm not even sure he cracks the roster unless a number of these players move to winger. You could move Santo and Richardson to the wing but he still loses his spot to Mattias. He still has potential to be really good. If he could move to wing he could be that playmaking winger for Kes we need. Plus Horvat and Gaunce are coming for that 3c spot. He needs to step us his game, and try wing if he wants to stay

Schroeder is in a quirious spot. We don't want to move him because he has pretty significantly low value right now, which would indicate we should keep him. However, he has, (or at least in my eyes) has fallen really low on the center depth chart. In my opinion, our depth chart when healthy goes, Henrik, Kesler, Santo, Mattias, Richardson, Schroeder. In a full lineup, I'm not even sure he cracks the roster unless a number of these players move to winger. You could move Santo and Richardson to the wing but he still loses his spot to Mattias. He still has potential to be really good. If he could move to wing he could be that playmaking winger for Kes we need. Plus Horvat and Gaunce are coming for that 3c spot. He needs to step us his game, and try wing if he wants to stay

Quirious? ....wadafukusayin?

I'd have no qualms about moving him, or letting him walk. If Kesler is on his way out and the Sedins are on their way down the depth chart we will need a replacement number 1/2 centre. That's not Schroeder. Look for a short term signing and let Horvat or Gaunce see meaningful minutes and see what you have.

No.

because his value is relatively low and he still has potential.

I think Schroeder is one of those 'slow development' types. Canucks just have to be patient with him for the next year or two and then he will be ready to break out. He seems to play better as his NHL experience increases.

He is worth a fourth or fifth to make matters worse he does not have enough experience at the NHL level, meaning most teams would view him as a project.

If he is a throw in to sweeten a deal only to become somewhat useful then the fan base well want the head of the one who choose to send him packing.

Now if he does some amazing things next season one would assume his stock would be on the rise. But here is the catch 22, that would also be viewed as a one off, he would have to produce good numbers over more than one season, then you might get a 2nd rounder for him.

Season/s interrupted by injury devalue more than

a underachieving as it stands right now the Canucks have a work in progress.

I don't know if Schroeder in the minors will help him so they will have a very important decision to make.

I totally disagree, just look at Jensen everyone was calling him a bust for 3 years but what he was actually learning was how to play the game the right way for the highers leagues. Finally when he learnt to execute he started potting goals in and now he is doing the same in the NHL (although the quality of competition is a bit of assistance to that).

I know it's been a while since we drafted Schroeder but I think we should have known he was gonna take longer cause of his size to develop.

If Kesler is back next year (or we acquire another center), and Santotelli re-signed (please), then yes, move JS for whatever we can get. Simply no spots for him:

Sedin

Kesler/other

Matthias

Santorelli

Richardson

Lain/Dalpe/whatever

Also, Horvat could be in the mix too. So rather get SOMETHING now than lose him on waivers later.

Jordan Schroeder is currently a fringe NHL'er and a rookie project. He has little more than zero value which is based on his attributes and not on his NHL numbers. (Because he barely has any). He's still young and fast...so he's got that going for him. if he can't find a place on the mess of a team we have now, what makes you think another GM wants him on theirs?

Since you're talking about trading a rookie project, expect something similar in return or at most for him to be used as a throw in. Here are some similar young players you MIGHT be able to get in return.

Tomas Jurco, RW, DET 26gp 5 5 10 -4

Erik Haula, LW MIN 33gp 3 4 7 9

Richard Panik, RW TB 43gp 2 9 11 -9

You probably don't recognize these players which you have in common with other GM's when dealing with Jordan Schroeder.

Jordan Schroeder is currently a fringe NHL'er and a rookie project. He has little more than zero value which is based on his attributes and not on his NHL numbers. (Because he barely has any). He's still young and fast...so he's got that going for him. if he can't find a place on the mess of a team we have now, what makes you think another GM wants him on theirs?

Since you're talking about trading a rookie project, expect something similar in return or at most for him to be used as a throw in. Here are some similar young players you MIGHT be able to get in return.

Tomas Jurco, RW, DET 26gp 5 5 10 -4

Erik Haula, LW MIN 33gp 3 4 7 9

Richard Panik, RW TB 43gp 2 9 11 -9

You probably don't recognize these players which you have in common with other GM's when dealing with Jordan Schroeder.

Nice try..Schroder was considered the 5th best North American prospect in 2009 ..there's a reason for that ....At the time ,he was considered a steal at 22..where the Canucks got him..You are just basically listing a bunch of prospects taken in the late rounds..what gives?

Archived