The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT March 17th Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning 4:30 PM

Ryan kesler the beast

Bandwagon nation on this GDT bunch of losers who want this team to tank, aren't even real fans.

Wouldn't a "real fan" want what's better for the team in the long run? Even if we made the playoffs we have no chance of getting past the first round. We need a rebuild a good pick is far more important then making the playoffs for us this year.

Wouldn't a "real fan" want what's better for the team in the long run? Even if we made the playoffs we have no chance of getting past the first round. We need a rebuild a good pick is far more important then making the playoffs for us this year.

When you say "even if we make it we won't make it past the first round" that's when you stop being a real fan because a real fan believes their team can beat the best, you just want us to tank so we can replace our team with shiny new players.

When you say "even if we make it we won't make it past the first round" that's when you stop being a real fan because a real fan believes their team can beat the best, you just want us to tank so we can replace our team with shiny new players.

It may be time for you to wake up and take a good look around. We are team is not as good as it was the last few seasons and the last few seasons we have won how many playoff games? We have two rookie goalies no second line going into the playoffs... We will not do well in the playoffs!!! Sorry to break this to you must be hart broken. It's not that I don't want to see them do well it's that they will not with what we have and the best option is a better pick at this point.

give me a win on my birthday :towel:

Woohoo happy birthday!

Predicting Henrik scores off a Dman while trying to pass to Jensen in front of the net.

Garrison gets a PP goal.

Higgins gets a rebound off of a Matthias shot.

Aaaaand for TB:

Stammer gets a PP goal.

Palat snipes one on the rush.

Canucks win 3-2.

Lack gets the start again as per Canucks Twitter....

The staff really must not think markstrom is that capable if lack gets back-back starts..

I just hope lack didn't seriously injure his hip flexor or groin when he got ran yesterday... if that is the case starting him is idiocy

It may be time for you to wake up and take a good look around. We are team is not as good as it was the last few seasons and the last few seasons we have won how many playoff games? We have two rookie goalies no second line going into the playoffs... We will not do well in the playoffs!!! Sorry to break this to you must be hart broken. It's not that I don't want to see them do well it's that they will not with what we have and the best option is a better pick at this point.

I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

Chip away boys, chip away.

Hold your heads high and just focus on one game at a time.

Tanking is for losers....

admire the enthusiasm, truly. Although I don't agree with 'tanking' on purpose, I do think there is a benefit to losing meaningless games and consequently drafting higher.. See the likes of Pittsburgh, Chicago, Colorado for example, and likely Buffalo in 5 years time.

If you end up with someone like McDavid are you truly a loser at the end of the day? Food for thought.

unbelievable. We are thinking long term. These last 12 games mean nothing, while putting us in a better draft position in a position to draft a player that will help us for the next 12 years mean more then a meaningless 12 games. And even if we make the playoffs, do you honestly think we can beat St.Louis without Kesler, Daniel and a number 1 goalie? Now you guys are the crazy ones.

"These last 12 games mean nothing"

Such a bad attitude to have. No matter what the statistics are - they still can get into the play offs. All it takes is for Dallas to lose a few (which they have already lost last nights) and for the Canucks to go on a solid winning streak.

Play off time who knows - this team could be on fire by then. Hoping we tank to get lucky when the draft comes around is retarded, that's the edmonton mentality and look where they are. We need to WIN now.

All it takes is a few games and some luck.....you aren't thinking longterm if you want this team to tank - you're just being a moron with a defeatist attitude.

Archived