The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT March 17th Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning 4:30 PM

Ryan kesler the beast

The tank/don't tank argument is only coming up now because it's late.

In reality, the actual tanking was already done in January and February. So the argument is now moot.

But I don't blame the diehards for hanging on until mathematical elimination. Hell, i'm along for the ride no matter what. But logically, we should be losing all these games. I can see us winning 2-3 out of the final 12 games, 'tank' or not. (People act as if the players are trying to lose when they're 'tanking'. They're not. The losing is happening because they're not competitive enough.)

In reality, the actual tanking was already done in January and February. So the argument is now moot.

But I don't blame the diehards for hanging on until mathematical elimination. Hell, i'm along for the ride no matter what. But logically, we should be losing all these games. I can see us winning 2-3 out of the final 12 games, 'tank' or not. (People act as if the players are trying to lose when they're 'tanking'. They're not. The losing is happening because they're not competitive enough.)

This^

Apparently TSN has picked the Nucks to win based on this quote from their website....

"The Canucks are hoping to string together back-to-back victories when they hose the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday night"

:lol:

LOL even if it was host, they would still be wrong because we aren't the hosts, Tampa is...

Fail TSN :lol:

nope

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 1h

Eddie Lack starts tonight #Canucks

I don't get why torts hasn't given a game to Markstrom yet, he has more NHL expierence than Lack.

Torts is going to ruin Lack, he didn't even play Luongo this much.

After that incident where Eddie's leg got caught I for sure thought Markstrom would get the start tonight, but no John over there has to work him like a dog.

He is NOT Lundqvist or Luongo, give the guy a rest.

Apparently TSN has picked the Nucks to win based on this quote from their website....

"The Canucks are hoping to string together back-to-back victories when they hose the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday night"

:lol:

Yes - I saw that and took a screen shot to capture it forever! :towel:

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/358305-gdt-march-17th-canucks-vs-tampa-bay-lightning-430-pm/?p=12037035

nope

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 1h

Eddie Lack starts tonight #Canucks

I don't get why torts hasn't given a game to Markstrom yet, he has more NHL expierence than Lack.

In 12 games last season Markstrom had a .875 SV% and a 3.52 GAA.

I think there may be some trust issues with Markstrom as far as being able to confidenly win games and give the team a chance. At very least there is uncertainty and Torts is going with what he knows has worked for him.

What is so hard to understand here? Running Eddie into the ground when he just came off a 2-week break from the Olympics?

I suspect that if/when the Canucks are mathematically eliminated, then you will see Markstrom get some games.

And then Rollie is going to transform him and rid his bad habits in preparation for next year.

I don't see why they don't give this one to markstrom. His stats are irrelevant. 12 games on the worst team in the league, of course he's gonna look like crap. Also his ahl stats are going to be bogus as well seeing as Florida doesn't even use their farm team.

Put the kid in and see what he's got behind our defense.

Torts is going to ruin Lack, he didn't even play Luongo this much.

After that incident where Eddie's leg got caught I for sure thought Markstrom would get the start tonight, but no John over there has to work him like a dog.

He is NOT Lundqvist or Luongo, give the guy a rest.

He may not be a lundqvist or a Luongo but if he is to be our #1, he has to get used to playing the majority of the games. Torts may be seeing how well Lack does under those conditions before he puts him in that place next year. Once we are mathematically eliminated I would bet we will see Markstrom play.

Edit - Torts may see lack as the option that maximizes our chances of making it to the post season.

yeah. why would any player try to help their team draft an 18 year old kid who might take their roster spot away?

its ridiculous.

I don't see why they don't give this one to markstrom. His stats are irrelevant. 12 games on the worst team in the league, of course he's gonna look like crap. Also his ahl stats are going to be bogus as well seeing as Florida doesn't even use their farm team.

Put the kid in and see what he's got behind our defense.

I guess cause were only 3 points from a playoff spot so they don't trust Markstorm in a situation like this

Archived