The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT March 17th Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning 4:30 PM

Ryan kesler the beast

No they are just realists unlike you who spend your time bashing your fellow Canuck fans. Go crawl under your rock!

I'm a realist and I don't want the team to tank.

So, they may be realists but that has nothing to do with wanting a team to tank.

A realist knows that goaltending was never the issue with this team.

People who "want" the team to tank ore the kind of people who either troll or give up themselves when the going gets tough.

This fan base is way too polarized over whether or not to tank, with both sides playing the straw man logic game to try and make their own view appear more rational.

There are simply two general views, with small within-group variations:

1. Enjoy seeing the team win and want the team to continue to win, regardless of whether the team makes the playoffs

2. Enjoy seeing the team win, but feel that the playoffs are out of reach and therefore think that the team can improve their chances of winning in the long term by losing in the short term.

Neither view is any more or less a reflection of how dedicated a fan you might be. They are simply different philosophies regarding what is in the best interest of the team and its fans.

You guys don't have to jump down one another's throats. It comes off as very insecure with your own opinion. Other people have different views than you. You don't have to call out someone's dedication to the team just because their view differs from yours. The opinion of how the last few games of the season play out is hardly a reflection of someone's long term interest in the team.

This fan base is way too polarized over whether or not to tank, with both sides playing the straw man logic game to try and make their own view appear more rational.

There are simply two general views, with small within-group variations:

1. Enjoy seeing the team win and want the team to continue to win, regardless of whether the team makes the playoffs

2. Enjoy seeing the team win, but feel that the playoffs are out of reach and therefore think that the team can improve their chances of winning in the long term by losing in the short term.

Neither view is any more or less a reflection of how dedicated a fan you might be. They are simply different philosophies regarding what is in the best interest of the team and its fans.

You guys don't have to jump down one another's throats. It comes off as very insecure with your own opinion. Other people have different views than you. You don't have to call out someone's dedication to the team just because their view differs from yours. The opinion of how the last few games of the season play out is hardly a reflection of someone's long term interest in the team.

Don't you be pigeon-holing us into groups!

I'm a realist and I don't want the team to tank.

So, they may be realists but that has nothing to do with wanting a team to tank.

A realist knows that goaltending was never the issue with this team.

People who "want" the team to tank ore the kind of people who either troll or give up themselves when the going gets tough.

I could make a much more convincing argument that those who want the team to win, knowing that the playoffs are beyond a long shot are selfish, short sighted, band wagon fans who only want to win because they won't cheer for a team that loses more than it wins.

The more losses this team accumulates in the next 12 games, the more wins it gets in the long term. I'll take short term pain for long term gain everytime because I've been through plenty of pain with this team and I know it's not the end of the world.

Archived