F2 _UFA__ Kesler __UFA_

F3 Burrows Santorelli/Horvat Higgins

F4 Richardson Mathias Kassian

D1 Tanev Bieksa

D2 Garrison Hamhuis

D3 Corrado Stanton

G1 Lack

G2 Markstrom/veteran backup

We have $10M in cap space going into next year, with Kassian, Santorelli, Tanev to resign on that list.

Kassian: 3 YR @ $2M per year

Santorelli: 2 YR @ $2M per year

Tanev: 5 YR @ 2.75M per year

Leaves us with $4.5M, in addition to $5M from Edler, 2.5M from Hansen, 4.25M from Booth, meaning in actuality, they have $16.25M to spend.

Notable free-agents; Ryan Callahan- could slot in beside Kes on F2 (4 YR @ 6M per year), Paul Stastny for F2 (2 YR @ 6M per season

Leaves us with 4.25M for minor league roster signings, depth signings, veteran goalie.

Potential depth FAs.

Victoria born- Adam Cracknell. Plays in Stl.

Dave Bolland

Steve Ott

Tanner Glass (Bring him back!!)

Trevor Lewis

Blake Comeau

Brian Boyle

Players to fight in the system:

Shinkaruk (doubtful he plays, he missed most of this season to injury)

Gaunce

Cassles

Obviously some things need to go a certain way, for example, Edler needs to waive his no-trade clause. getting FA to sign in Vancouver could be more difficult than in years past, but as we've all learned, money talks.

Thoughts?

I'd probably do a better job than Gillis these days...

Richardson on F4 Wheels22.

At the end of the day, I'm looking to see guys COMPETE. Everyone talks about trading Kesler, when it's guys like Kesler and Bieksa we should be building around. There is a reason 29 other teams would be very interested in kesler. Because he's not a player that is in abundance in the NHL. Why trade a guy who you have to go out and try to find a player like him to replace him, for arguably a higher cost than his cap hit.

How about next yr Let roookies have 9 game auditions (shinkaruk, horvat, gaunce, sutton, fox if plays well at camp) plus kenins jensen and corrado

Id rather go with youth even if we tank next yr mcdavid would be a nice prize.

Kesler trade to phili or detroit or pens for a young center or winger and a 1st

Hansen or i mean hands of stone For a (17-30)1st

Edler bench him if his play continues to be horrible or tell him hes done in van trade for a top ten 1st rounder (islanders)

Tanev 3yrs 2.5 per if he wants more trade him for a (20-30) 1st rounder and b prospect

Kassian sign him 2-3 yrs 1.5-1.75 per

Try getting virtanen or fleury and mckeown

Trade richardson for a 3rd or 4th rounder No space for him next yr Sedin horvat mattias gaunce lain

Go with youth Plus let bunch that dont make team develope in utica

Tank next yr for mcdavid and try sign patty kane next yr. team would be sick with litsa cap space

I appreciate your enthusiasm and positive thinking here, but I think there's a couple of issues with your projections:

1/ Paper thin UFA market this year

2/ Finding UFA's who want to come to Vancity and play with Kesler (even in a GOOD UFA year) is proving difficult.

3/ Speaking of which, Kesler is outta here. He wants out. I agree he plays a skilled, tough, gritty game every time he's out there. But he's no longer playing for the Vancouver Canucks...he's playing for his personal pride and reputation. He's basically going through the motions out there, good motions, but just the motions none-the-less.

4/ We can't move the Sedins very easily without taking a hard hit backwards, so let's move the pieces we can. Let's face it, what we got now ain't working. We all wanna hold on tightly to the memories this core group has brought us, and pray that they can do it again. But 3 seasons is proof enough, time to move on. It's kinda like owning an '85 Mustang. Sure it was quick back then, but today you're getting left behind by Honda Civics...time to trade.

5/ That being said, I think we need to make a trade that a) doesn't come back to bite us too quickly or B) if it does come back to bite us, we suck it up and look to the future anyways. Change has to come.

So here's what I'd like to see for 2014-15:

SEDIN-SEDIN-JENSEN (14.83M)

MICHALEK-TURRIS-SANTORELLI (~11.00M)

HIGGINS-MATTHIAS-KASSIAN (~7.00M)

[uFA]-RICHARDSON-HANSEN (~4.00M)

BIEKSA-HAMHUIS (8.25M)

COWEN-GARRISON (7.70M)

TANEV-STANTON (~3.25M)

LACK-MARKSTROM (2.40M)

PLAYER TOTAL = 58.5M

PRESSBOX COMMANDOS (~3.00M)

LUONGO (800K)

TOTAL CAP HIT FOR 2014/15 = ~ 62.300 MIL

So obviously then buy out Booth, deal Kesler and Edler to Ottawa and get whatever for Burrows. The rest are minor movements.

The Ottawa deal would need to include some picks to spruce it up but I think Kesler and Edler locked into contracts looks pretty good for a couple of up and comers and a UFA who's obviously out the door (the Hemsky deal seems to point that fact anyways).

I appreciate your enthusiasm and positive thinking here, but I think there's a couple of issues with your projections:

1/ Paper thin UFA market this year

2/ Finding UFA's who want to come to Vancity and play with Kesler (even in a GOOD UFA year) is proving difficult.

3/ Speaking of which, Kesler is outta here. He wants out. I agree he plays a skilled, tough, gritty game every time he's out there. But he's no longer playing for the Vancouver Canucks...he's playing for his personal pride and reputation. He's basically going through the motions out there, good motions, but just the motions none-the-less.

4/ We can't move the Sedins very easily without taking a hard hit backwards, so let's move the pieces we can. Let's face it, what we got now ain't working. We all wanna hold on tightly to the memories this core group has brought us, and pray that they can do it again. But 3 seasons is proof enough, time to move on. It's kinda like owning an '85 Mustang. Sure it was quick back then, but today you're getting left behind by Honda Civics...time to trade.

5/ That being said, I think we need to make a trade that a) doesn't come back to bite us too quickly or B) if it does come back to bite us, we suck it up and look to the future anyways. Change has to come.

So here's what I'd like to see for 2014-15:

SEDIN-SEDIN-JENSEN (14.83M)

MICHALEK-TURRIS-SANTORELLI (~11.00M)

HIGGINS-MATTHIAS-KASSIAN (~7.00M)

[uFA]-RICHARDSON-HANSEN (~4.00M)

BIEKSA-HAMHUIS (8.25M)

COWEN-GARRISON (7.70M)

TANEV-STANTON (~3.25M)

LACK-MARKSTROM (2.40M)

PLAYER TOTAL = 58.5M

PRESSBOX COMMANDOS (~3.00M)

LUONGO (800K)

TOTAL CAP HIT FOR 2014/15 = ~ 62.300 MIL

So obviously then buy out Booth, deal Kesler and Edler to Ottawa and get whatever for Burrows. The rest are minor movements.

The Ottawa deal would need to include some picks to spruce it up but I think Kesler and Edler locked into contracts looks pretty good for a couple of up and comers and a UFA who's obviously out the door (the Hemsky deal seems to point that fact anyways).

The irony of your post is killing me just stop :lol:

Kesler said he doesn't want to be traded to a Canadian team .

Edler said he wouldn't waive his no trade clause.

Burrows......

I can go on and on what's wrong with your post but you get the point. :bigblush:

Oh wow elvis gets two of these threads today

He'll be feasting!

Some days the gods are kind, others not so much.

But for the OP, what they're referring to is that there was a line up thread posted earlier today that was locked since we've had 3 others already this month. I think it's safe to say we can probably keep any line up suggestions in one of the earlier ones.

The one locked earlier today:

Line-up looking past this year ( we r not making a run this year, let it go!)

The older ones:

lineup for next season? (March 9)

The Future of this team and the direction it is going (March 6)

Fill the lineup next year (March 5)

Can we get Ekblad instead of McDavid if we do tank... We need defensive depth and not offensive

Remember we have Horvat and Shinkaruk

Also available to us is our farm team

They have great players such as DeFazio, Marshall, Grenier, etc

Lines for 2014 preseason:

Dan, Hank, Burr

Friesen, Kes, Santo

Booth,Horvat, Shinkaruk

Tostito, Richardson, Hansen

Dman""

Sauve, Tommernes

Liberati, Weber

Hamhuis, Tanev

Lines for beginning of season

Burr, Hank, Jensen

Dan, Kes, Santo

Higgy, Matthias, Hansen

Tostito, Richardson(Hopefully), Kassian

Defence " "

Hamhuis, Tanev

Bieksa, Stanton

Garrison, Weber

(Edler traded for high draft pick in this years draft)

We get Ekblad develop his in juniors for a couple years (Future Weber-not our Weber but the superstar Weber)

Go Canucks Go!

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen

Shinkaruk-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Horvat-Burrows

Richardson-Matthias-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Stanton-Tanev

Halak

Lack

Assuming Kesler isn't traded ofcourse

The softest lineup suggestion ive ever seen.....lol....do you watch any other good hockey teams?

Kesler wants out. He will be traded. No point discussing any lineups with him in it.

Daniel is no longer a first line calibre player.

Edler will not accept a trade. He has said so.

Outside of those realities we can speculate about how the lineup might look for 14/15.

How about next yr Let roookies have 9 game auditions (shinkaruk, horvat, gaunce, sutton, fox if plays well at camp) plus kenins jensen and corrado

Id rather go with youth even if we tank next yr mcdavid would be a nice prize.

Kesler trade to phili or detroit or pens for a young center or winger and a 1st

Hansen or i mean hands of stone For a (17-30)1st

Edler bench him if his play continues to be horrible or tell him hes done in van trade for a top ten 1st rounder (islanders)

Tanev 3yrs 2.5 per if he wants more trade him for a (20-30) 1st rounder and b prospect

Kassian sign him 2-3 yrs 1.5-1.75 per

Try getting virtanen or fleury and mckeown

Trade richardson for a 3rd or 4th rounder No space for him next yr Sedin horvat mattias gaunce lain

Go with youth Plus let bunch that dont make team develope in utica

Tank next yr for mcdavid and try sign patty kane next yr. team would be sick with litsa cap space

Lol trading Hansen for a 1st rounder in 2015.

Archived