The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014 lineup projection

nucksontheisland

Our lineup is going to depend on what direction management decides to go... I honestly wouldn't mind a chance for McDavid so I would like to see a line up like this:

Burrows Sedin Jensen

Sedin Horvat Kassian

Higgins Schroeder Mathias

Sestito Richardson Santorelli

Shinkaruk in Utica

Hamhuis Bieksa

Stanton Tanev

Corrado Garrison

Comments: This lineup isn't going to contend with the likes of the california teams, but that's the point of if. Give the youth experience with some vets on their lines to shape their game into the NHL. This lineup should accomplish this and give us a reasonable shot at the lottery pick for McDavid.

Kesler and Edler traded for top end prospects and picks.

IF management tries to make another run next year you keep kesler and try to sign some UFAs.. Callahan, Vrbata, Stastny and/or take a risk on Markov

The softest lineup suggestion ive ever seen.....lol....do you watch any other good hockey teams?

I happen to watch the Chicago Blackhawks, actually, and they have a lineup which is probably softer than the one I proposed. Have any idea what their record is bud? You should probably go check it out one day.

Plus, aside from the top line, there isn't one soft line in my proposed lineup. Each line has a big body or some grit.

When you have players like Kane, Toews, Keith, and Sharp it's pretty obvious why Chicago has a record like they do.

Exactly, and that is pretty much my point. IMO, skill will win you a cup over toughness ala Bruins and Kings. The Kings got lucky by facing the Devils in the SCF, and the Bruins got away with a hell of a lot of things in the SCF when they beat us. Add on to the fact that our injury list was through the roof.

My lineup is:

1st: Lucic Crosby Perry

2nd: Benn Getzlaf Giroux

3rd: Sedin Sedin Burrows

4th: Sestito Lain Richarson

Defence:

Chara Weber

Suter Jones

Keith Karlsson

Goal:

Does it really matter with that lineup?

Okay guys, I've done the hard part of mapping out how we win the next 5 cups. Someone else figure out how to get them all here and under cap that's not illegal!

(Actually, I'm okay if its illegal as long as someone else gets arrested for it)

:canucks:

When you have players like Kane, Toews, Keith, and Sharp it's pretty obvious why Chicago has a record like they do.

But with players like that Chicago has also finished 8th in the West, and been eliminated once by the Phoenix Coyotes. Having a talented roster doesn't mean you'll win.

But with players like that Chicago has also finished 8th in the West, and been eliminated once by the Phoenix Coyotes. Having a talented roster doesn't mean you'll win.

2 cups 4 years isn't too shabby.

It's funny. Everyone talks about selling a player when is worth something. If we are rebuilding, then Kesler is worth a lot and the return is going to be high. That's why we are shopping Kes.

Buy low sell high.

Kes has an NTC.

'We' are shopping him because he wants out.

'We' have been rebuilding since giving away Hodgson-or was it taking on $19m + in Booth over 4?

Could have been in conjunction with not trading Ballard when it was evident AV had zero interest in playing him.Lots of cap space blown (can you say window,Canucks fans?) with Booth and Ballard not playing the roles they were brought in here to fill.

i like the idea of one of the leagues lowest scoring teams trading their highest scorer for defense. Good Call !

#McDaviding

Hmm... Healthy Sedins and Burrows the promotion of scoring machines Jensen and Shinkaruk....

Some days the gods are kind, others not so much.

But for the OP, what they're referring to is that there was a line up thread posted earlier today that was locked since we've had 3 others already this month. I think it's safe to say we can probably keep any line up suggestions in one of the earlier ones.

The one locked earlier today:

Line-up looking past this year ( we r not making a run this year, let it go!)

The older ones:

lineup for next season? (March 9)

The Future of this team and the direction it is going (March 6)

Fill the lineup next year (March 5)

But... his post is far too different and important to be lost in another persons thread.....

:lol:

But... his post is far too different and important to be lost in another persons thread.....

:lol:

*shrugs*

I just let 'em know there are other threads already then report it so the mods can decide. Apparently this one was fit to continue so I'll just keep adding to the links for the next time someone posts a lineup thread (there has been at least one since this thread).

Daniel Kesler Vanek

Jensen Hank Burrows

Higgins Santo Kassian

Sestito Mathias Richardson

Hamhuis Biieksa

Garison Tanev

Stanton UFA

Lack

Markstrom

sign UFA Vanek

sign UFA Santo

sign ufa d-man

buyout Booth

sign depth players

trade Edler & Hansen for best possible picks/prospects use cap for vanek

there would be lots of cap space to do this

k seeing as people aren't realizing that matthias isn't a 4th line here's what i fully expect it to be assuming no moves are done

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/Jensen

Kesler - Matthias - Burrows/Kassian

Higgins - Santorelli - Jensen/Kassian

Archibald - Richardson - Hansen

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Garrison - Edler

Tanev - Stanton

Lack

Markstrom

Scratches: Schroeder, Sestito, Weber/Corrado

sadly nothing has really changed, but this is why i believe if management wants to input youth in our lineup the only way is to trade Kes and Edler for assets/youth in order for us to slot in either Gaunce/Horvat/Corrado. Cause we have to face it our defense is pretty much set, as for our forward spots the only factor that might free up a roster spot is if santo doesn't resign

trust me after the numerous years having this management group don't be surprised if this is what you get. "bold" moves in their eyes is everything non-related to actual roster spots/lineups

If Corrado isn't a mainstay on the blueline next year I'll be surprised.

I won't. If we don't move a defenseman during this off-season then Corrado won't be playing with us. I would rather Corrado play 25 minutes in Utica being put in all situations than 5-10 minutes under torts. Remember Corrado is only 21(in 3 days) so he has a lot of time to grow.

Archived