The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers' Live-Action Film in Works

J529

First i've heard of this. I hope Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck get live-action films too.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/chip-n-dale-rescue-rangers-getting-live-action-cg-hybrid-adaptation/

Children of the 90s remember the theme song, and now a new generation just might become acquainted with a new chipmunk team on the big screen. While everyone is familiar with Alvin and the Chipmunks and their disastrous live-action, CG hybrid film franchise, Disney has their own team of chipmunks with ties to nostalgia as well. The duo of Chip 'n' Dale appeared in various Disney shorts in the 1940s and 1950s, but they found a much bigger audience when they became Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, running a detective agency and saving animal friends. Now that action adventure iteration is headed for the big screen.

LATEST NEWS 'Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers' Getting Live-Action CG Hybrid Movie

by Ethan Anderton
February 3, 2014
Source: THR

chipndale-rescuerangers-comic-tsr.jpg

Children of the 90s remember the theme song, and now a new generation just might become acquainted with a new chipmunk team on the big screen. While everyone is familiar with Alvin and the Chipmunks and their disastrous live-action, CG hybrid film franchise, Disney has their own team of chipmunks with ties to nostalgia as well. The duo of Chip 'n' Dale appeared in various Disney shorts in the 1940s and 1950s, but they found a much bigger audience when they became Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, running a detective agency and saving animal friends. Now that action adventure iteration is headed for the big screen.

If you need something to be stuck in your head all day, here's the animated series' title sequence:

THR has word that commercials director Robert Rugan will write the new version that will act as an origin story of our heroes. Mandeville Films, the company behind The Muppets franchise at Disney, will produce the film which will likely be in the same style as other live-action and computer animated hybrids like The Smurfs, Scooby-Doo and Alvin and the Chipmunks. Now a whole new generation of kids will be confused by the fact that "Chip 'n' Dale" sounds exactly like the nomenclature of male strippers. Anyone interested?

Meh.

Live action /CGI hybrid movies are so lame, they should either go fully CGI or not at all.

Disney should just engage Pixar to do the films, they would appeal more to kids today and the adults that remember watching the old cartoon.

Agreed about the live action being mixed with the CGI. The lamest parts of those movies are the live actors. They're usually quite awful and while the kids tolerate it in general, they would be absolutely be immersed in the experience if it was 100% CGI. However, Rescue Rangers, the Smurfs, Scooby Doo and the like isn't worthy of full CGI, is it?

A further robbery of our childhood favorites. Teddy Ruxpin next? How about the Smoggies? The Magic School Bus? Hey how about Mr. Dressup? The Friendly Giant? Tommy Hunter? Beachcombers? Oh wait.

Don't forget there's Ninja Turtles Live Action Film coming out.

Michael Bay produced. Directed by the Battle: Los Angeles guy. So some potential.

However there's talk of the Turtles being aliens, not mutants, which is taking a hatchet to the source material. Movie also named Ninja Turtles, not Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which is a further abomination of the original story.

imho They should just do a movie based on the original Eastman and Laird concept. Less pizza, more blood. That hasn't been done yet and i'm not sure why they're going into a new weird direction instead, considering the trend towards 'darker' comic movies. I guess they're worried about the little kid fans, but hello? That's what the cartoon series is for. If you're going live action, think darker.

Michael Bay produced. Directed by the Battle: Los Angeles guy. So some potential.

However there's talk of the Turtles being aliens, not mutants, which is taking a hatchet to the source material. Movie also named Ninja Turtles, not Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which is a further abomination of the original story.

imho They should just do a movie based on the original Eastman and Laird concept. Less pizza, more blood. That hasn't been done yet and i'm not sure why they're going into a new weird direction instead, considering the trend towards 'darker' comic movies. I guess they're worried about the little kid fans, but hello? That's what the cartoon series is for. If you're going live action, think darker.

He's since gone back on that and they won't be aliens anymore.

also: the turtles already had 3 live action movies. this new one better be as good or better than those.

If there is not ninja rap, i will be disappoint.

Turtles 3 (Turtles In Time) doesn't count, it was awful.

Archived