The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian RFA year

CanucksCaptain

Kassian has had the luxury of playing with an experienced, $4.5 m salaried third liner in Booth.Ironic in that two of Gillis' largest boneheaded moves play together on the third line.

Be interesting to see Hodgson and Kassian play in the same game this coming Sunday.

With Jensen's emergence,Hansen's solid,two-way game and Burr's revival it seems Kassian may be plying 4th line minutes next year.

Did you miss out that Burrows and Jensen have been playing together? Burrows is a natural LW not a RW

4 yrs @ 2M per.

That's a lot of money for kass, yes he's looked good on a few played but even our 4th line players look good on the odd play.

I wouldn't sign him more then two years because he could still be a bust, 1.5 tops. One mil one year would be safe.

4 yrs @ 2M per.

If Canucks brass can pull that off, do it asap. I said, as did some others, that Kassian was still a year away at the beginning of the season. Next year he will probably get 20 goals. 24 year old 20 goal power forwards are gold. Gillis should have put him in the minors at the beginning for more seasoning but he had to save face i guess.

Hope we can lock him down for 2-3 years at a low cap hit.

My guess is we sign him for 2 years/2 mill per

if you can make that deal it may look like a steal ... these big guys take a little longer and if he has the right line mates he may really blossom

That's a lot of money for kass, yes he's looked good on a few played but even our 4th line players look good on the odd play.

I wouldn't sign him more then two years because he could still be a bust, 1.5 tops. One mil one year would be safe.

'Bust' - CDC's favourite word.

I can't name a single one of our 1st/2nd round prospects other than Horvat that haven't been called busts since we got them.

Yup even Hodgson was labeled a bust before he played a single game in the NHL.

Kassian is playing in the NHL and still developing, he's not a bust.

Listen Kassian is going to be good as soon as he stops playing with "Buyout Booth". Kassian makes nice passes to Booth and all Booth does is Screw up. I'd like to see Kassian in a top 6 role to end the season something of Higgins-Matthias-Kassian

And in the 2014-2015 season id like to see a line of

(UFA)-Kesler-Kassian

If anyone watches when Kesler and Kassian play together there gold.

Listen Kassian is going to be good as soon as he stops playing with "Buyout Booth". Kassian makes nice passes to Booth and all Booth does is Screw up. I'd like to see Kassian in a top 6 role to end the season something of Higgins-Matthias-Kassian

And in the 2014-2015 season id like to see a line of

(UFA)-Kesler-Kassian

If anyone watches when Kesler and Kassian play together there gold.

kassians definitely our third best passing forward behind the twins

kassians definitely our third best passing forward behind the twins

ive been saying this to people for months and all I get is strange looks. The guy has good vision of the ice and finds the open man more often than anyone else not named sedin.

Some people think he is a glorified Ben Eager - who was also a first round pick. Zack has good vision of the ice and he can make great passes - more like Thornton than Eager thats for sure.

We saw a glimpse of his capabilities during the Pittsburgh game where I thought he was the best forward on the ice. If he can ever put together a string of games like that and do it more often than not everyone will forget that little Hodgson....

Most of all - no more stupid penalties and suspensions...

Yeah not sure where the negative comments are coming from, in my opinion his game is improving and he has shown abilities not many of our players have. If he can stay focused and play a 60 minute game Kassian could be a dominant player. Kassian has shown shifts where he can be a force along the boards has explosive skating for a big guy, and has elite playmaking skills and vision.

Of course he has issues with poor timing and bad judgement and that can bite him in the you know what. And I'll be the first one to admit not all players ever put it all together and I'm not saying Kassian will... But if he can put it all together and become a pro his package of skills put him at the top of our talent. Some of those passes are right up there with Sedinery, he sees the ice well.

If you cannot see that you simply aren't watching the games or just being obtuse

Yeah not sure where the negative comments are coming from, in my opinion his game is improving and he has shown abilities not many of our players have. If he can stay focused and play a 60 minute game Kassian could be a dominant player. Kassian has shown shifts where he can be a force along the boards has explosive skating for a big guy, and has elite playmaking skills and vision.

Of course he has issues with poor timing and bad judgement and that can bite him in the you know what. And I'll be the first one to admit not all players ever put it all together and I'm not saying Kassian will... But if he can put it all together and become a pro his package of skills put him at the top of our talent. Some of those passes are right up there with Sedinery, he sees the ice well.

If you cannot see that you simply aren't watching the games or just being obtuse

obtuse is a word that reminds me of the greatest movie ever .. can you guess the movie ?

I'd sign him on a yearly basis. Don't want him getting too comfortable. 1M max. I think Jensen will be the better player in the long run and with shinkaruk, Horvat, Gaunce and Grenier in the system Kassian might find himself redundant if he doesn't shape up.

2 years tops. Gillis has to grow a pair and take ownership for Kassian not turning out to be nearly what we expected him to be. He might be a nice turnout for a project here but at the time he was brought in to be the big bodied powerforward we had always dreamed of for the twins. For all is worth now, even if he ever reaches that level it won't be until the Sedins retire. IMO we can find better bang for our buck on our third line if he hasn't evolved into a top six player by the time his contract is up. He's talented but stupid. He's physical but reckless. Personally, I don't want him on our team if he hasn't made significant improvements by the halfway point of next year.

I like both Kass and Jensen, but wonder how Nic would do if he was put on the 3RD line with Booth and various centers with limited minutes and no pp or ot time. Good to see Jensen get his opportunity and run with it, btw a Gillis draft pick.

I see Kassian as a good bottom six forward for this team. I see him developing into a Sergio Momesso type role on this team; although he may be just like a Jim Sandlak also. I remember in the 90's the team tried so many different players to fill that top six power forward with Momesso, Sandlak, Antoski, Stojanov, etc. Momesso and Sandlak ended up being the only two that were able to contribute in a 3rd-4th line way.

Archived