The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian RFA year

CanucksCaptain

Torres was a 5th overall pick and he never became more than a 3rd liner. I'm sure all of us would want him on the team though.

Kassian may never become the 30 goal scoring Bertuzzi-like powerforward that we all want him to be. But if all he becomes is a really good 40 point third liner who brings physicality and an edge to his play, I'll be happy.

2 years tops. Gillis has to grow a pair and take ownership for Kassian not turning out to be nearly what we expected him to be. He might be a nice turnout for a project here but at the time he was brought in to be the big bodied powerforward we had always dreamed of for the twins. For all is worth now, even if he ever reaches that level it won't be until the Sedins retire. IMO we can find better bang for our buck on our third line if he hasn't evolved into a top six player by the time his contract is up. He's talented but stupid. He's physical but reckless. Personally, I don't want him on our team if he hasn't made significant improvements by the halfway point of next year.

Maybe Jensen will be the big bodied power forward to play with the twins. He is 6'3 after all. Just needs to fill out a bit more, but he is 2 years younger than Kassian

I think many of you canuck fans are bi-polar.

When commenting on the Kassian/Hodgson trade all I read is how we got a great deal as we have a budding power forward (I don't see it but i miss lots of things) and by 26 he'll be Milan Lucic "like".

Then when we post about resigning this budding Milan Lucic like player, its for $1M per year????? What am i missing.

I personally think he's so far from Milan Lucic that he's closer to Matt Cooke or Raffi Torres, but at the same time, I think he's worth at least $2M per season.

'Bust' - CDC's favourite word.

I can't name a single one of our 1st/2nd round prospects other than Horvat that haven't been called busts since we got them.

Yup even Hodgson was labeled a bust before he played a single game in the NHL.

Kassian is playing in the NHL and still developing, he's not a bust.

Even some people here are stupid enough to call Horvat a bust too <_<

Torres was a 5th overall pick and he never became more than a 3rd liner. I'm sure all of us would want him on the team though.

Kassian may never become the 30 goal scoring Bertuzzi-like powerforward that we all want him to be. But if all he becomes is a really good 40 point third liner who brings physicality and an edge to his play, I'll be happy.

IMHO Kassian has shown a big improvement over last year. If Van had not hung onto a possible playoff

spot into January his development might have done better. He has shown an ability to dominate the boardsand retain puck possession in the ozone. Very strong wrister and ice vision with great passing. I still

see him as a top six player. His biggest challenge is still in his own d-zone but all considered he will learn that. Saint Beertuzzi wasn't exactly aces back into his own zone either.

All you 'if he doesn't pan out in 2 years' people

May want to consider the age at which the Vancouver Canucks traded for one of the best power forwards to ever play this game (Bertuzzi).

You may want to consider what the knocks on him were in New York

You may want to look at his age when he came here, the point totals he put up in his first few years here

You may want to look at what age he was when he finally put it all together

Then,, take your stupidity and shove it in your stupid pieholes

'Bust' - CDC's favourite word.

I can't name a single one of our 1st/2nd round prospects other than Horvat that haven't been called busts since we got them.

Yup even Hodgson was labeled a bust before he played a single game in the NHL.

Kassian is playing in the NHL and still developing, he's not a bust.

That's not true, I've encountered a few posters, that haven't said Horvat will be a bust specifically, but have said we got "nothing" for Schnieder... No one is safe from CDC judgement!

Kassian is fine in a bottom six role. Who the hell knows if he has what it takes to play consistently in the top six ever. What is a given is that Darcy Regier fleeced Gillis.

ya when he's 27 and scoring 30 and 55-60 pts and terrorizing defenses and making an impact in the playoffs you'll say differently

you so called fans are so blind its unbelievable you think players develop over night, you assume they can just be stars automatically

idiots

oh the sedins (so called busts) say hello

so does kesler (so called top end 3rd liner)

so does burrows who started in the echl

so does naslund who was traded

not ever player breaks out like bure you infants

Kassian is a good player. If MG trades Kesler and buyout Booth, the lineup should look should be

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burrows Shroader Kassian (Shroader and kassian have good chemistry)

Higgins Mathias Hansen

Sestito Richardson Dalpe

Kassian is not a third line winger.

His next contract should be 1.5 million for 2 years.

Archived