The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks will be mediocre as long as the Sedins are on this team

tonimator#19

When we talk about moving players and changing up this team to add youth, size, and speed.

The players that are the slowest, and oldest are the Sedins.

They are the reason why the Canucks are probably going to move their best player in Ryan Kesler and probably the only player on this team that can be an impact player.

They now cannot be moved and heres hoping they retire in 2 years maximum.

Until then, I think all fans and even the Canucks management know they are in for some mediocre years as long as the Sedins are our 'top' players.

The only bright spot I see from this is Gillis starting the rebuilding and gutting this team to stock up on young talent.

I know this is a repeittive topic but I'm so frustrated as to why Gillis was so blind to see that the Sedins were not players that could lead this team to the promise land and his willingness to sign them so early to long deals when he could have used this summer to retool.

They were no where to be found in the Cup Finals and were cherry picked to start in the offensive zone all the time under Coach A.V. There's a reason why they don't get much respect around the league by other players.

Let's hope Gillis finally realizes what the Sedins are and what this team is going forward and starts the rebuild.

Torts played the Sedins more than ever on the PK, against a disgusting Pacific conference, and after 6 straight years of making the playoffs.

They were bound to regress, and they've regressed bad.

Our only shot is to give them 70% of the minutes theyve had on the 2nd or 3rd line and see if they can get it done with more energy.

The Sedins need a team that rolls 4 lines more than any in the league. And all 4 lines are laughable.

I agree with the OP

how are you suppose to change the identity of this team with those 2 ?

Daniel is a buyout candidate at this rate.

14 million a year, franchise killer.

The Sedins and Burrows no shows are the reason why this team doesnt make the playoffs this year.

If the Twins were making second line money we would have a chance.

Torts played the Sedins more than ever on the PK, against a disgusting Pacific conference, and after 6 straight years of making the playoffs.

They were bound to regress, and they've regressed bad.

Our only shot is to give them 70% of the minutes theyve had on the 2nd or 3rd line and see if they can get it done with more energy.

The Sedins need a team that rolls 4 lines more than any in the league. And all 4 lines are laughable.

Didn't read your whole post, but I agree with the title. Well, sort of. I believe the Canucks can still be an elite team with the Sedins part of the core, but I don't see them ever leading us, or being apart of a Stanley Cup victory. They just don't have the extra gear and ability in the playoffs.

But in the season, I can see us finishing tops in the league again, with the Sedins under contract

The twins made this team a legit contender.

They may not be the players they were a few seasons ago, but they're still very good hockey players. They can't do it on their own anymore though. They need young impact players to come in and pick up some of the slack.

When we talk about moving players and changing up this team to add youth, size, and speed.

The players that are the slowest, and oldest are the Sedins.

They are the reason why the Canucks are probably going to move their best player in Ryan Kesler and probably the only player on this team that can be an impact player.

They now cannot be moved and heres hoping they retire in 2 years maximum.

Until then, I think all fans and even the Canucks management know they are in for some mediocre years as long as the Sedins are our 'top' players.

The only bright spot I see from this is Gillis starting the rebuilding and gutting this team to stock up on young talent.

I know this is a repeittive topic but I'm so frustrated as to why Gillis was so blind to see that the Sedins were not players that could lead this team to the promise land and his willingness to sign them so early to long deals when he could have used this summer to retool.

They were no where to be found in the Cup Finals and were cherry picked to start in the offensive zone all the time under Coach A.V. There's a reason why they don't get much respect around the league by other players.

Let's hope Gillis finally realizes what the Sedins are and what this team is going forward and starts the rebuild.

eat-your-school-stay-in-drugs.jpg

I wouldn't even mind havin the Sedins as our 3rd liners in the future

If our top prospects take the 1st 2 nd line roles and Sedins get demoted

At least we'd have a solid team

Unless gillis pulls some hero shiaat, I don't see us bein contenders

Until shink, horvat and co. lead us the way

And with the circus around vancouver I doubt free agents would want to sign

Why do people dump on the Twins? Kesler has games where he too is invisible, yet no one dumps on him.

Maybe we need to move Kesler because we'll never win with him?

Sheesh.

Ya, except the Sedin's take up TWO roster spots and 14 MILLION combined and only produce decent numbers when they are TOGETHER. They are like a package. While Kesler is one roster spot and 5 million as of now. Personally I would rather go through a "rebuild" or "retool" whatever you want to call it with Kesler, but I know it's not going to happen, so I guess i'll just have to live with the Sedin's reluctantly.

Archived