The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Toronto - Vancouver

Why would we trade lack hes awesome go back to kindergarden

Well, so glad you have such an intelligent piece to add, but maybe next time... don't.

As for Lack, he's good, not great. Don't kid yourself and think he is better than Luongo... Since Lu left Lacks stats have gone down sharply. I believe he's at .915% and 2.32 GAA. Not bad at all. But not amazing by any means. Also, since Lack took over as the starter he has had a 3.3 GAA and .876 sv%

Reimer has put up similar numbers on a team with swiss cheese for defence. I think he would be easy to steal from Toronto and fit well in Vancouver.

yea, my bad, wrong forum

No big deal.

I like Reimer, but I wouldn't give up Corrado, let alone add a pick.

If the Canucks hadn't landed Markstrom and didn't have such a talented group of young Swedish tenders, he'd be a pretty good option. If the price were low enough, perhaps, but I'd certainly offer them nothing but a lowball.

I don't think Toronto will be able to get much for him - not only are they running him down publicly, as Carlyle is prone to do, but they're also in a tenuous RFA situation with him, where he might decide to go the way of the offersheet considering not only Carlyle's comments, but the marginal role he's likely to play there in the future with Bernier being given the starting role.

Toronto is also in a bit of a contract pickle this coming summer. They've gone on a drunken spending spree, and they have a boatload of players to re-sign or lose.

I'd guess that he's going to want out, and at best they'll be able to get a 2nd or 3rd - in the range of RFA offersheet compensation.

No big deal.

I like Reimer, but I wouldn't give up Corrado, let alone add a pick.

If the Canucks hadn't landed Markstrom and didn't have such a talented group of young Swedish tenders, he'd be a pretty good option. If the price were low enough, perhaps, but I'd certainly offer them nothing but a lowball.

I don't think Toronto will be able to get much for him - not only are they running him down publicly, as Carlyle is prone to do, but they're also in a tenuous RFA situation with him, where he might decide to go the way of the offersheet considering not only Carlyle's comments, but the marginal role he's likely to play there in the future with Bernier being given the starting role.

Toronto is also in a bit of a contract pickle this coming summer. They've gone on a drunken spending spree, and they have a boatload of players to re-sign or lose.

I'd guess that he's going to want out, and at best they'll be able to get a 2nd or 3rd - in the range of RFA offersheet compensation.

I'd be happy to get a 2nd to replace the one we moved in the Holland trade for Reimer.

Well, so glad you have such an intelligent piece to add, but maybe next time... don't.

As for Lack, he's good, not great. Don't kid yourself and think he is better than Luongo... Since Lu left Lacks stats have gone down sharply. I believe he's at .915% and 2.32 GAA. Not bad at all. But not amazing by any means. Also, since Lack took over as the starter he has had a 3.3 GAA and .876 sv%

Reimer has put up similar numbers on a team with swiss cheese for defence. I think he would be easy to steal from Toronto and fit well in Vancouver.

Are you serious? Lack is playing very well considering how many times our defense fails. Also your comparing Luongo's CAREER to Lack's first year as starter with a team that has been playing incredibly bad this year. Frankly a 3.3 GAA and .876 sv% isn't bad all things considering.

Our first priority should be developing prospects and improving offense, not trading our up and coming goalies. Reimer is good but he's not enough of an upgrade over our current goalies.

Why trade Corrado? He's a part of our future and potentially a top 4 Dman. Keep him unless some team is stupid enough to make a trade where we'd win by a landslide.

Note: My opinion does not factor in potential derps Gillis might do.

I don't know probably wouldn't hurt to grab him on offer sheet. low offer sheet. leafs would probably nix that just to say screw you. so that would be fun lol.

I think there is tremendous upside on lack probably the same with Markstrom.

I'm just curious if anyone thinks he would bring some garbage baggage with him or not ?

I think Nux should focus more on upgrading our defensemen !

Archived