The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Centre Mike Santorelli Ahead of Schedule in Recovery

TheRussianRocket.

http://thecanuckway.com/2014/03/20/canucks-centre-mike-santorelli-ahead-schedule-recovery/

Nice to hear Mike is on track with his road to recovery. Here's to hoping he's a Canuck this upcoming year...was our best player when healthy and was the spark plug to the team. No coincidence the team started losing when he was gone, a very solid player who I believe can be extended to a cheap contract granted a home town discount.

"SHe underwent surgery on January 30th and recovery has been pegged at five-to-six months"

Santorelli had a sex change?

I wouldn't re-sign him. It's going to take him the better part of the next season to get back up to game speed, much like any player who has sustained a long term injury. As good as he was for the Nucks, I'd let him sign somewhere else.

We have his replacement in Matthias and Richardson, with Horvat, Gaunce, Kesler and Henrik, there is a lot of centre depth. I just don't see signing an injured player to a raise and not knowing if you are going to get him at 100% or 70%.

Great guy, hard worker, but not sure he fits.

Can't see why this guy wouldn't have a spot on our roster when he gets healthy. Very solid, can play anywhere in almost any role.

I wouldn't re-sign him. It's going to take him the better part of the next season to get back up to game speed, much like any player who has sustained a long term injury. As good as he was for the Nucks, I'd let him sign somewhere else.

We have his replacement in Matthias and Richardson, with Horvat, Gaunce, Kesler and Henrik, there is a lot of centre depth. I just don't see signing an injured player to a raise and not knowing if you are going to get him at 100% or 70%.

Great guy, hard worker, but not sure he fits.

The guy is still fifth in forward scoring on our team even after missing 23 games. He is solid defensively and solid on faceoffs. He fits.

Santo was one of the few players that didn't keep to a perimeter game... he actually drove to the net with authority and played strong on the puck, outside of Kesler we really don't have much of that on this team which is required to succeed in the tougher division we are in/in the league as a whole.

It seems there's not a lot of hunger for the puck from the players on this team, outside of Kesler, Santorelli, Higgins on occasion and Booth on occasion.

We need players with urgency.

http://thecanuckway.com/2014/03/20/canucks-centre-mike-santorelli-ahead-schedule-recovery/

Nice to hear Mike is on track with his road to recovery. Here's to hoping he's a Canuck this upcoming year...was our best player when healthy and was the spark plug to the team. No coincidence the team started losing when he was gone, a very solid player who I believe can be extended to a cheap contract granted a home town discount.

When Santorelli went done so did everyone else. All this proved is the lack of depth this franchise has. We got hit by the injury bug all at the same time. Might have something to do with Torts playing is favorites 20 min a game every game in a tough western conference

When Santorelli went done so did everyone else. All this proved is the lack of depth this franchise has. We got hit by the injury bug all at the same time. Might have something to do with Torts playing is favorites 20 min a game every game in a tough western conference

Santorelli was holding steady at a .6 points per game. Think about that for a second. We lost him and our Goals per game dropped by .5~. He was a sure fire goal every two games... Be it him scoring or him setting it up.

He was a major part of the success in December

Archived