The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zalewski is here wearing #40

Shamu101

What the...

Booth has been doing everything except scoring as of late, I would keep him in the line up because he deserves to stay in it. If anyone is getting scratched it would most likely be Tom Sestito.

If Booth can just hit the net he would have atleast 4 goals in the past 6 or so games.

Booth is utterly useless and should be in the press box so he doesn't get injured thus preventing a buyout this summer.

Kenins will probably be here before the end of the season,,he is having a great playoffs with Zurich..looking forward to him as well.

me too, looked good at times in the Olympics, wonder how he would go on the 4th? he isn't too big but pretty nuggety.

Booth is utterly useless and should be in the press box so he doesn't get injured thus preventing a buyout this summer.

he passing and shooting are pretty rough I agree but he does lay some nice hits on the forecheck, didn't he have like 8 the other day? surely it must be time for him to catch a rebound or something soon

Not sure why this guy gets a shot right away. Our other college guys had to wait, didn't they? It's not like this guy is a sniper.

Apparently he's not allowed to be sent down to the AHL because he was signed after the trade deadline. That's probably the only reason he's with the team.

Apparently he's not allowed to be sent down to the AHL because he was signed after the trade deadline. That's probably the only reason he's with the team.

Again, this. Here's my post from the Mike Zalewski Talk thread:

But really, no indication he actually plays at this point apart from injury cover. He's likely just here because he can't be sent to Utica (as noted earlier). If he could be sent down, it'd be a huge PR move for the Comets since he's from just outside Utica so it'd make sense that they do that.

The reports I've heard from people covering him in college have suggested he can be a good bottom 6 guy in the NHL potentially, but will need a couple years to develop.

The only reason this kid is playing is because of a pre-arranged deal with Gillis. He agrees to sign with Vancouver, if they agree to play him in 10 games so it burns a year off his ELC; and get a decent paycheck out of the rest of this season.

Archived