The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

;your you're there their they're

73 Percent

I just thought that part ofYOU'RE post was funny.

My favourite part of this is how you put emphasis on an incorrect use.

Anyway, the worst is when people say 'should of' instead of 'should have'

Its so wrong it hurts.

Just figured I'd toss in my $.02. People can spell anyway they wish on an internet message board. That's their business.

Just as it is my business to label them an imbecile when they type something like "your nuts". When they are referring to someones mentality and not their testicles.

Just figured I'd toss in my $.02. People can spell anyway they wish on an internet message board. That's their business.

Just as it is my business to label them an imbecile when they type something like "your nuts". When they are referring to someones mentality and not their testicles.

This I can agree with all day.

Lol. I like your take on the OP's comments.

It's a fan-board,...where folks participate using banter...under false names & vague or anonymous identities. It's not the place to post a thesis,...a resume'...or solicit job offers. Game-Day threads are full of CDCers rapidly posting their reactions in haste...& yes...that means a few typos...or grammatical errors. No BIG...gheez! There is absolutely NO need for the Grammar-Police to get all OCD in this context.

However, if one wants to be taken seriously while debating an issue...or if one is actually quoting others...proper grammar does tend to help one's cred....don't you think? So - in the event of a mis-quote...feel free to correct-away folks...otherwise...these little chastisements are really puffed-up attempts to belittle or slam another participant on this board....someone who may or may not even check this board again, for your response.

So lighten-up! Be they typed-out words...or gifs...or whatever.. I receive & appreciate 'em all as if spoken words. And - one can more readily differentiate the meanings of words like: there, their, & they're when one hears 'em in context, right?

So Grammar-Police please take a chill-pill and the rest of CDC... carry on. B)

I type 100% of my posts on a smartphone and to this day, i don't think I've ever used the wrong word by mistake or on purpose.

How is it easier to type the wrong word?

It isn't. Plus see all the pretty punctuation? My phone just adds it for me automatically as I type. Amazing!

It is such a nerdy, nosey and self righteous thing to do in the Internet. You wouldn't correct people who use a sentence wrong in person would you? Or do you? Think about why that is. You probably wouldn't have many friends for one. So worry about your own grammar unless you're insulting someone that insulted you first. Then fair game. The more intelligent people understand that on the web you could be chatting to kids, foreigners, disabled folks and maybe just someone who doesn't care because they shouldn't have to. This is not your class and you're not the teacher. So class dismissed.

let me introduce myself. My name is goosebeerries. I, like many others, am in no way grammatically correct when I post on cdc. however as crazy as it may seem I am aware of all the meanings of the above posted words (your you're there their they're).

while I do know the difference and the correct way to use all said words, I do not feel inclined to use them all properly on an internet forum. so please if you see an error in any of my replies or posts, feel free to keep the correction to yourself. I already know and dont care.

I know this thread will 100% be locked within 15 minutes or so as it is pointless. I still find this thread right on par with grammar nazis replying to a post containing a single word correction like "you're".

So yet again please keep your grammar and spelling corrections to yourself unless your grading a paper or an official document of some sort.

Thanks for YOUR time,

Goosebeerries

You spelled your name wrong.....

Edit: Note the correct usage of "your".

You're really getting your knickers in a twist about their grammar over there. I doubt they're trying to be stupid on purpose.

Like Caboose says, as long as people say "should have" instead of "should of", I'm okay with it. What is "should" of, anyway? Should is not of anything I've ever seen before.

It is such a nerdy, nosey and self righteous thing to do in the Internet. You wouldn't correct people who use a sentence wrong in person would you?

Um .. the point of correcting someone in writing is because you can tell. How the hell can you tell if someone is saying 'your' or 'you're' in conversation? Your stupidity astounds me.

I just wish people would stop typing "could/should/would have" as "could/should/would of"

Yeah it's funny how little things can really get to you ... for me, it's 'loose' instead of 'lose'. Drives me crazy.

On the other hand when someone calls someone else a looser, it just makes me laugh. Go figure.

Archived