The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2nd Line Center

Mimerez

Starting in January, us, the fans have demanded that we trade for a top 6 winger toplay alongside Kesler, since he has had Higgins (Serviceable) and Santorelli (More a 3rd liner, or 2nd if need be). Ever since Santo has been injured, we've mostly been playing Hansen on the 2nd line RW.

Its understandable why we want a winger to play along side Kesler.

But heres a thought :

Kesler goes back up to the 1st line RW and plays with the Sedins, while Burrows moves down to the 2nd line RW. Kesler is gritty and tough enough to do the dirty work, while the Sedins do their work. Also can contribute a lot as well.

So how about this : Instead of signing a top 6 winger, we sign a 2nd line C so we can have Kesler (One of our more consistent players) play with our magical twins. Just like at the beginning of the year!

So the 2nd line would be something like this :

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Higgins - Quality 2nd line C - Burrows

This way, we can have a powerhouse first line and a 2nd line manned with 2nd liners, not 1st line Kesler

Food for thought :-)

I think we could look at Chicago for an example of the lesser need for a 2nd line center. We could move kesler for a top winger+. And use a decent player to be the center on the 2nd line. for example:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Trade Santorelli Jensen

Higgins Mathias Kassian

Horvat/Sestito Richardson Hansen

The top 6 winger depth, and bottom 6 center depth make up for a second line center

Ryan Kesler will probably no longer be a Canuck by the draft. If he is he wont be by training camp. He wants out of here.

That's speculation at this point. If you choose to believe basically one rumour that sprouted all the others over Kesler's direct statement (supported by comments from Gillis and Bieksa) then that's your choice, but I don't agree it's that set in stone. Maybe we wouldn't mind trading him and he is ok with accepting a deal if one comes up, but it's not going to happen if the price isn't right - certainly not while he isn't openly forcing a deal.

That's speculation at this point. If you choose to believe basically one rumour that sprouted all the others over Kesler's direct statement (supported by comments from Gillis and Bieksa) then that's your choice, but I don't agree it's that set in stone. Maybe we wouldn't mind trading him and he is ok with accepting a deal if one comes up, but it's not going to happen if the price isn't right - certainly not while he isn't openly forcing a deal.

I'm not sure why but I almost always disagree with everything you say, that's an accomplishment there's not a lot that can live up to that.

Kes should be kept, worry about finally getting a great winger for that line. With Jensen and Kassian possibly stepping up withing the remainder of Keslers current contract, it could be another opportunity for the stars to align in the top 6. Other than Danny, I think every player could bounce back if given the adequate cast.

We need that "player X".

I'm not sure why but I almost always disagree with everything you say, that's an accomplishment there's not a lot that can live up to that.

But Kesler did say that... The only people who have said Kes wants out is the media... I'll go with Kesler for now.

Second that.

That's okay 90% of the people disagree with what you say...

Let's go back to that Luongo thread from the summer and take a look at the numbers today......................................................................................................

Kesler has little to no chemistry with the twins. He's just there as a target for them to set up half the time. He will never excel the way Burrows does with the twins at even strength simply because he cannot think the game at their level. He has a bull in a china shop mentality while they play perimeter keep away. It's an okay interim lineup for shuffling purposes but no way in hell should it be considered a long term plan.

But Kesler did say that... The only people who have said Kes wants out is the media... I'll go with Kesler for now.

Agree with you 100%. Hate media speculation, and everyone just jumps all over it. They will say whatever they want and a story will be made and people will believe it. Just brutal.

Kesler has little to no chemistry with the twins. He's just there as a target for them to set up half the time. He will never excel the way Burrows does with the twins at even strength simply because he cannot think the game at their level. He has a bull in a china shop mentality while they play perimeter keep away. It's an okay interim lineup for shuffling purposes but no way in hell should it be considered a long term plan.

100% agree with you on your point, well said

Archived