The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2nd Line Center

Mimerez

I'm not sure why but I almost always disagree with everything you say, that's an accomplishment there's not a lot that can live up to that.

Maybe that says more about you than it does about me?

But what exactly do you disagree with (this time at least)? Or is it more that you have 100% certainty Kesler will be gone by the draft (or at least training camp)?

But Kesler did say that... The only people who have said Kes wants out is the media... I'll go with Kesler for now.

Agree with you 100%. Hate media speculation, and everyone just jumps all over it. They will say whatever they want and a story will be made and people will believe it. Just brutal.

Pretty much this.

There was the initial tweet by the reporter from Quebec (and he later reaffirmed/stood by that tweet again) but apart from that I'm not sure what other reports there were not based off that initial tweet that Kesler actually wanted out. There were plenty of reports/rumours around teams being interested in Kesler as the deadline approached that started all from that first tweet, but if anyone has other reports that support the initial tweet I'd be happy to see them.

There's a big chance Kes gets traded at the draft. I'd hold your thought on the Jensen thing too. A) Give him more time to prove himself and B) Knowing Gillis, there's always a chance he gets dealt just "because".

I disagree. I think he remains a canucks at least till his contract expires. maybe longer.

If Kesler does seem to be likely walking after his contract expires then I would much rather trade him now for younger assets with potential or a similar calibre player signed for a longer term. I would much rather get a Maatta, Schenn, or Couturier instead of nothing.

I think the only way we attract UFAs are with big money signings (overpayments) or if they are hometown guys. There aren't any bona fide impact hometown players so we are likely going to have to go the overpayment route.

I'm not sure why but I almost always disagree with everything you say, that's an accomplishment there's not a lot that can live up to that.

Second that.

I 3rd that.

You guys should start a 12 step program or something. Maybe a book club?

Do any of you actually have a comment on the thread topic or are you just here to try and sound witty?

Horvat will be become our 2C sometime during mid season next year.

I think that is a beat case scenario for this team. IF kesler is moved and we don't get a 2nd line center, I think Santorelli would be fine for a season until Horvat can start to be a 2nd line center. I could also be wrong and he just steps right into the role next year without a problem, that's something I'd like to see

Kesler wanted out. He was actively being shopped. EVERY one knows that

Everyone knows that because why? Because one Eastern media guy reported it?

It sure launched a storm of speculation and even offers from teams that would be interested if Kesler did want out, but beyond that initial report, what else was there reported from other sources (not based on the original report) to support it?

Gillis was certainly listening to calls based on the reports that followed, but that's a big leap from there to actively shopping Kesler. It's similar to the Paccioretti rumours from earlier in the year where Montreal was getting calls but didn't actually have him on the market.

But why on earth would we want to trade Kesler when he's the one carrying the team on his shoulders? The Sedins have been terrible this season. He's our leading goal scorer, He is one of the reason why our PK has been great this year. He is a physical defensive foward something that the Canucks lack on. It's always the media that makes us believe crap that isn't true. This is a guy that would literally hack off a finger to help a team win. He gets stripped from the "A" when clearly he deserves it more than Burrows. Problem is we ain't treating him with respect. Maybe that's why this whole "TRADE RUMOR" started.

Im not sure I buy all the stories about Kesler wanting out. I suspect that the media manufactured most of the frenzy.

When the team goes from the penthouse to the outhouse all sorts of rumours are going to be generated. Fact is Kesler is one of the few moveable assets that can get something significant in return. I wouldnt be surprised if he wants out, does he want to endure a retool/rebuild here while he is in his prime? I doubt he actually went to management via his agent and overtly asked to be moved.

Ryan Kesler, Chris Tanev and Brendan Gaunce for PK Subban and a 2nd

Edler for Mantha and a 1st if he will waive

Sign Stastny

Buyout booth

Sedin Sedin Burr

Jensen Stastny Santorelli

Higgins Horvat Kassian

Ritchie Matthias Hansen

Archi

Hamhuis Subban

Edler Bieksa

Garrison Corrado

Stanton

Mix all as needed

Shinkaruk and Mantha waiting in minors plus this years pick.

Im not sure I buy all the stories about Kesler wanting out. I suspect that the media manufactured most of the frenzy.

When the team goes from the penthouse to the outhouse all sorts of rumours are going to be generated. Fact is Kesler is one of the few moveable assets that can get something significant in return. I wouldnt be surprised if he wants out, does he want to endure a retool/rebuild here while he is in his prime? I doubt he actually went to management via his agent and overtly asked to be moved.

Maybe it has crossed Kesler's mind that he will never win a cup if he's with the Canucks. Who blames him with the management we have.

Maybe that says more about you than it does about me?

But what exactly do you disagree with (this time at least)? Or is it more that you have 100% certainty Kesler will be gone by the draft (or at least training camp)?

I'll second you on this one elvis; I think it says more about nino. nucknit may second nino on this one, but like nino, who knows what his actual point may be? His posts have predominantly come in morse code lately.

And this is nino after all. Meh. HIs latest was a failed attempt to claim that Gillis tried to sell Kassian as an immediate "impact" player (not surprisingly, his own words) - so it's not hard to imagine him not being too concerned with actual context and objecting to you stating the limits of what you think we actually know at this point. Taking things in context can get in the way of dramatic revisions - and revisions seem to be what nino is all about. According to nino, Booth was a "third liner" on a bad team when Gillis acquired him, so again, grasping reality, not his strong suit.

That's speculation at this point. If you choose to believe basically one rumour that sprouted all the others over Kesler's direct statement (supported by comments from Gillis and Bieksa) then that's your choice, but I don't agree it's that set in stone. Maybe we wouldn't mind trading him and he is ok with accepting a deal if one comes up, but it's not going to happen if the price isn't right - certainly not while he isn't openly forcing a deal.

While I generally agree with everything you say, speculation is all we do here so... carry on...

As for Kesler, there has been way to much smoke for there not to be at least a smoldering fire there.

I am sure he is well aware of all the potential 3rd and 2nd line center's coming up and he has said he does not like playing wing. Just one long injury in the next year or two and Bam! Horvat or Shinkaruk or Gaunce or Fox has taken his spot.

I like Kesler but his style of play has taken a few half-life's off his body already. It's time he slow it down with 3C duties and save some health for the playoffs to step up to 2C or 1W but that won't happen, you can see him coast here and there but as soon as he get's pissed off it's full speed ahead again.

Archived