The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Buffalo Sports Figures And Fans Are Having A Very Bad Week

SabreFan1

I've said it before, getting older sucks. First my childhood hero, former hall of fame Buffalo Bills quarterback, Jim Kelly finds out that his cancer has come back and is aggressive. Then a few days later the only owner that the Buffalo Bills have ever known passes away. Kind of waiting for the third shoe to drop.

Getting older sucks.

Isn't that a conflict of interest?

Also, John Tavares of the Buffalo Bandits had his point-scoring streak of 185 games come to an end

I would think it would definitely be a conflict of interest.

John Tavares had an incredible run with his record, but I guess it had to end at some point.

At least there are reports coming out that your Bills don't have to deal with the Toronto games anymore

Yep. The Toronto series is suspended indefinitely and the current Bills president doesn't want the Bills to ever go back. He was pretty peeved after the last game held there.

Yep. The Toronto series is suspended indefinitely and the current Bills president doesn't want the Bills to ever go back. He was pretty peeved after the last game held there.

It didn't sell well did it? On top of it all, weren't tickets like double the price of what a normal home game in Buffalo was?

It didn't sell well did it? On top of it all, weren't tickets like double the price of what a normal home game in Buffalo was?

Tickets were very expensive, the team has stunk for years, attendance consistently got worse every game, and it was a toss-up on which team would get the most cheers. It was a complete disaster.

I've said it before, getting older sucks. First my childhood hero, former hall of fame Buffalo Bills quarterback, Jim Kelly finds out that his cancer has come back and is aggressive. Then a few days later the only owner that the Buffalo Bills have ever known passes away. Kind of waiting for the third shoe to drop.

Getting older sucks.

I'm probably the only other Bills fan that you'll see here on CDC and I agree about Kelly. He's my all time favorite player and the reason that I became a fan in the first place. (I am one of the very few who actually followed the USFL and JK's run and shoot offense in Houston got me hooked)

Cancer sucks when it hits anyone but when it hits one of your athletic heroes, it sucks even more, especially when you consider the fact that Kelly lost his son, Hunter, to Krabbes disease when he was only 8.

The Kelly's have dealt with enough tragedy. Hopefully Jim makes a full recovery.

As far as Ralph Wilson goes, he will be missed, but truth be told, he had a long, fruitful life. I look forward to watching my favorite team for many more years in the stadium named for him.

As far as Ralph Wilson goes, he will be missed, but truth be told, he had a long, fruitful life. I look forward to watching my favorite team for many more years in the stadium named for him.

Truth be told, the only way in heck that the Bills will stay in Buffalo now is if they get a brand spanking new stadium. The huge facelift that the stadium is getting now is just to keep the organization happy. There is already a state/county commission in place to explore that option.

To be honest though, I think that the team will be relocated to Los Angeles after the huge relocation penalty fees are dropped in the 8th year of the contract. There's also a possibility that the team will leave even before then if a buyer would be willing to pay the fee.

Since when has Buffalo sportsfans had a good week? I mean 4 straight SB losses and wasn't that Titan Hail Mary against them too?(has to be cuz I remember buggin my Bills friend about it), and the Sabres lost the most controversial Stanley Cup in my lifetime vs. the Stars. Thats tough. I mean as a Pats fan I laugh at the Bills but the Sabres will always be my 2nd favorite(I am one of the few that misses those sweet '05 jersey's).

Since when has Buffalo sportsfans had a good week? I mean 4 straight SB losses and wasn't that Titan Hail Mary against them too?(has to be cuz I remember buggin my Bills friend about it), and the Sabres lost the most controversial Stanley Cup in my lifetime vs. the Stars. Thats tough. I mean as a Pats fan I laugh at the Bills but the Sabres will always be my 2nd favorite(I am one of the few that misses those sweet '05 jersey's).

Music city miracle. It was a lateral pass that was run back for a touchdown at the end of the game that the Bills were winning. If you look on YouTube, there's footage where a couple people say that there's proof that it was a lateral pass. One person said, look at the solid white line. The other was a "computer animation" that looked like it came straight off of a 1980's video game console.

The problem with the solid white line theory is two fold, it's a very thick line that can't be used for an absolute measurement because football is a game of inches and also back then they used AstroTurf which is basically plastic grass on a hard surface. If you've seen lines on a football field up close, they aren't exactly ruler straight.

YouTube "music city miracle" and watch the play. It's obvious that the Bills got screwed. To add insult to injury, the Titans then went on to the Super Bowl.

The NFL didn't say a peep about it afterwards just like the NHL didn't say anything on the Brett Hull goal. It was completely obvious what the league as a whole thought because the rule that Hull broke to win the Stanley Cup was immediately changed in the off-season.

I'll go to my grave saying that the "Music City Miracle" was a forward lateral.

Unfortunately for the people of Buffalo, I think the situation with the MCM and the Brett Hull goal were the same. In both situations, the game/series were over and a huge celebration for the so-called "winning" team was already well under way.

I think replays showed that both plays were illegal, but the officials didn't have the stones to overturn the respective calls, given the situation.

It wasn't the only time that video review had been botched. The so-called "Tuck Rule" that allowed the Pats to get past Rich Gannon and the Raiders in '02 was completely botched by the replay officials as well.

Archived