The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you like to see the Canucks with 2 top 10 picks?

Id like to see the Canucks get 2 top 10 picks in this years draft

Why?

It may not be the Strongest draft ever but it might "cost less to make a move"

Canucks will pick around 9th I think

And with the pick I think we should take Jake Virtanen it's a can't miss pick.

Then I'd try and package Tanev + Hansen + our 2nd ( or something along those lines) to Anaheim for 7th overall from Ottawa and take Brenden Perlini

Now we have much better prospect pool.

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Virtanen

Perlini-Gaunce-Kassian

______-Cassels-Jensen

Thoughts?

Giving up Tanev++ for a 7-10 pick in a weak draft is not worth it. Chris gives us more value than most teams will offer.

I'd argue this draft isn't weak, but very top heavy. First 5-10 picks are pretty good, but it falls off from there.

Id like to see the Canucks get 2 top 10 picks in this years draft

Why?

It may not be the Strongest draft ever but it might "cost less to make a move"

Canucks will pick around 9th I think

Then I'd try and package Tanev + Hansen + our 2nd ( or something along those lines) to Anaheim for 7th overall from Ottawa and take Brenden Perlini

Now we have much better prospect pool.

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Virtanen

Perlini-Gaunce-Kassian

______-Cassels-Jensen

Thoughts?

Anaheim had BOTH of their 1st round picks this year on the table.

I am surprised so many people are speaking as if this is a weak draft and the players aren't worth it. It's all about scouting and player development. The Kings had 3 picks in the 2003 deepest draft in recent memory and ended up with Dustin Brown the one good selection (kind of if you ignore who they passed over) and Brian Boyle and Jeff Tambellini.

Just curious, But why do you say he's a can't miss pick? I know Buttons draft list on TSN had him at 41.... I know thats just one person but.... Also heard he's quite the 'project'.

Oh and we should not trade the Tav.

Of course I would LIKE to see it, I mean it will make this retool/rebuild/reset move faster. But you have to figure what we would give up, yes, Anaheim DID have their picks on the block... but it's in our division. They would definitely like Tanev, almost any team would but we should keep him. he's a character player and he does his job right. Hansen and a 2nd are good.. but replace Tanev with somebody more expendable such as Dalpe, Schroeder or Sauve.

Draisaitl is amazing. Just unbelievably talented. Not sure why he isn't ranked higher though I guess he isn't all that physical. He's a pretty big guy though. Great speed, amazing playmaking and vision, some pure goal scoring in him too.

I think Nick Ritchie might be our guy though. He's a meat tank. Bone rattling hits, cannon shot, great one-time skills, great finish.

I say Ritchie if we can. Imagine him on a line with Kassian. Yikes. Nowhere to hide.

Draisaitl is amazing. Just unbelievably talented. Not sure why he isn't ranked higher though I guess he isn't all that physical. He's a pretty big guy though. Great speed, amazing playmaking and vision, some pure goal scoring in him too.

I think Nick Ritchie might be our guy though. He's a meat tank. Bone rattling hits, cannon shot, great one-time skills, great finish.

I say Ritchie if we can. Imagine him on a line with Kassian. Yikes. Nowhere to hide.

If we did end up taking Ritchie...oh what I would do to get Draisaitl to center him and Kassian.

Archived