The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saudi Arabia declares all atheists are terrorists in new law

key2thecup

Guest Gumballthechewy

wow. you realize how subjective that is? Cause for me its the other way around.

Don't judge dude. Not all atheists are the same and neither are people who believe in religion.

You say it's subjective yet right after you do the same thing. I'm not judging anyone I don't know, all I said is out of all the people I know the most arrogant ones are the ones who are atheists, always knocking people who are religious and saying how stupid they are for believing what they do. I never said all atheists are like that because I know they aren't, just like I know that not all christians are crazy bible thumpers. Maybe instead of judging people yourself you should read what they post a little better. I don't care if someone believes in religion or not, I only care if they are decent people.

For someone who claims to have a Anthropology degree one would think you would be a bit more open minded?

I could only imagine what would happen if you found some sort of artifact or scientific breakthrough and decided to destroy or hide if it didn't fit within your agenda lol.

Its called sarcasm..

For gods sakes, what they're doing to atheists is wrong regardless of who you think is more arrogant.

Also, I remember AllEyezOnMe once saying that science is proving stuff that religion already proved. The topic got locked, but I've always felt like bringing that up. Funny statement, eh?

For gods sakes, what they're doing to atheists is wrong regardless of who you think is more arrogant.

Also, I remember AllEyezOnMe once saying that science is proving stuff that religion already proved. The topic got locked, but I've always felt like bringing that up. Funny statement, eh?

You can be sure those same people would be kicking and screaming for someone suggesting all religious people should be jailed.

Atheism has as much scientific foundation as religion.

The difference is that I've met plenty of pleasant religious people and not a single pleasant atheist.

^no bias involved, but from my experiences, this is 100% true.

Maybe it has to do with them acting and behaving differently for them taking their stance as an atheist, and seeing the non-atheists as some sort of people that just deserve to be hated upon cause they're somehow stupid?

What Saudi Arabia is doing is bringing in laws that allow the Gov to label anyone it wants to as a terrorist and arrest them. Individuals and entire groups alike.

One of the situations the Gov is concerned with is that quite a few young Saudis have gone over to Syria, without Gov consent (though it was not required), to fight in the civil war and come back with military training and changed ideals. The Gov wants free reign to crack down on these people if they start to conduct activities that undermine the regime.

Slowly but surely organized religion is starting to fade out in developed countries because of reasons like this. The Internet is where religion comes to die because the Internet is a source of education and education trumps ignorance associated in religion. Now more than ever people can see it being used as a tool to discriminate against others, used as political power grabbing tool, and a financial tool. Political power and the Almighty Dollar are the true gods of this planet and as long as you have hundreds of millions of suckers world wide you can fleece these people all day long. If I were religious, I would be absolutely embarrassed to share the same faith with so many of these zealots. Their behavior is often morally reprehensible and completely contradicts what their faith does teach.

Yes science has discovered stuff that certain religions have already proved many decades before.

Atheism has as much scientific foundation as religion.

The difference is that I've met plenty of pleasant religious people and not a single pleasant atheist.

An agnostic is a person who believes that the existence of a greater power, such as a god, cannot be proven or disproved;

Agnostics on religion (Christianity, Islam, Buddhists, etc): Religious zealots are often viewed as ignorant by agnostics’ because of their blind following of a supreme being which may or may not exist. Agnostics will often question the existence of a supreme power because a lot of modern religious beliefs have no basis in modern logic; therefore blind following of popular religions is viewed as an easy out for people who chose not to think for themselves.

Agnostics on atheism: On the other end of the spectrum, unlike atheists, an agnostic uses a more scientific approach to their belief system. An agnostic knows that just because there is no physical proof of the existence of a higher being, it dose not automatically mean that one does not exist. An agnostic views an atheist on the same plane as a religious zealot; often because the belief that human beings are the pinnacle of intelligence and there are few things that we do not or have the potential to understand.

The realization of knowing that “we cannot know everything” is the backbone of the agnostic belief.

Urban Dictionary

Slowly but surely organized religion is starting to fade out in developed countries because of reasons like this. The Internet is where religion comes to die because the Internet is a source of education and education trumps ignorance associated in religion. Now more than ever people can see it being used as a tool to discriminate against others, used as political power grabbing tool, and a financial tool. Political power and the Almighty Dollar are the true gods of this planet and as long as you have hundreds of millions of suckers world wide you can fleece these people all day long. If I were religious, I would be absolutely embarrassed to share the same faith with so many of these zealots. Their behavior is often morally reprehensible and completely contradicts what their faith does teach.

Where are you coming up with those facts? No one has polled me. Our church continues to grow and add on. Starting in a school gym and now having a church basically the of the school it started in.

I think belief and faith is growing rapidly as world worsens...

Where are you coming up with those facts? No one has polled me. Our church continues to grow and add on. Starting in a school gym and now having a church basically the of the school it started in.

I think belief and faith is growing rapidly as world worsens...

The problem with that is that the world is not worsening. It is becoming a better place overall. Was it better during the times of slavery or the black death. Was it better when my parents were born into the underground bomb shelters of London England and Bremen Germany respectively during the second world war.(both born in 1940) A war that killed over 60 million people. I was born into the cold war with the very real threat of nuclear annihilation over our heads. THINGS ARE BETTER NOW. Young people today seem to have a very childish view of the world in regards to how good they have it.

Archived