The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Was pretty amazing that we take 3 of 4 when we only scored 10 runs. The starting pitching isn't getting the credit it deserves but they have been lights out this season. I think everyone is kind of waiting for the pitching to struggle and the bats to catch fire, but at least the pitching is showing no signs of slowing down. Interested to see Liriano tomorrow against a struggling Royals team. 

54 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Imo story that was overshadowed by the strikeouts is the fact Jays pitchers only allowed 5 runs in 4 games versus the Astros. 

That's pretty spectacular right there.

Yeah it is pretty damn nice what they did in this series, will definitely need that in playoffs.

Saner minds prevailed in the rotation decision.  

I like it.

Liriano is good insurance/depth - as a substitute for Sanchez - didn't care for the plan.

Really impressed with Happ.   He responds very well to tight situations, consistently.

Of all the moves/non-moves that management has made this year (haven't been impressed in general with Shapiro/Atkins), this one pretty much redeems the lot.  The one thing they probably needed the most was a decent left handed starter and Happ has stepped up more than could have been expected.

I like the Hutchinson deal a lot more with the decision to leave Sanchez in the rotation and spread out the starts.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Im a big fan..really like the kid..just wasnt the time to come up with a couple of errors.

Ya for sure. Like I've said before, he ain't no Goins or Barney defensively. Like you, love his potential. A little hard to take those errors in tight games tho. Hopefully he can clear that up come post season. If he does, he'll be the full package

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

I'm dying hahahahaha lmao

One weird dude I'll give him that. Hilarious fella and he's contributing considerably on the field as well. 

You do you, Joe. Never change. :lol::lol::lol: 

He can never replace Muni.

13 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Happ now leads AL with 15 wins. Tied with Strasburg for MLB lead.

Edwin with 5th straight 30 HR year. Man is he ever gonna get paid lol. Seeing Bautista's shocking decline after what he wanted before the season began, would be more than glad to use some of that money to keep EE around. What'll likely happen is he sees what the market has to offer and I'm expecting him and JB be leave.

Bautista's shocking decline?

Maybe being injured and unable to play for 6 weeks has contributed to his decline?

13 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Happ now leads AL with 15 wins. Tied with Strasburg for MLB lead.

Edwin with 5th straight 30 HR year. Man is he ever gonna get paid lol. Seeing Bautista's shocking decline after what he wanted before the season began, would be more than glad to use some of that money to keep EE around. What'll likely happen is he sees what the market has to offer and I'm expecting him and JB be leave.

Dang double post.

Edited by gurn

9 hours ago, shiznak said:

He can never replace Muni.

1 hour ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Muni couldn't get out of Toronto fast enough for my liking.

Heh, Muni was good as a back up to the back up.  I think we can all agree though that:

Barney and Goins >> Goins and Muni

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

If they make the playoffs, who pitches games 1, 2, then 3?  

Exactly like DBTR said: Estrada, Happ, Sanchez. You put the lefty in between the two righties to make it tougher for the opposition to match up.

Stro is like the 4th starter, depending on the status of the series. If the Jays are up, I think Marcus definitely gets the start, if only to give Marco's back an extra couple of days to recover.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Exactly like DBTR said: Estrada, Happ, Sanchez. You put the lefty in between the two righties to make it tougher for the opposition to match up.

Stro is like the 4th starter, depending on the status of the series. If the Jays are up, I think Marcus definitely gets the start, if only to give Marco's back an extra couple of days to recover.

I'm curious to see if Sanchez remains in the rotation for the playoffs though. If he does, it makes for a dam formidable rotation.

1 minute ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I'm curious to see if Sanchez remains in the rotation for the playoffs though. If he does, it makes for a dam formidable rotation.

Honestly, I'd be fine with Stro being the third starter and Sanchez in the pen. He could certainly lock down the 7th and 8th. Grilli could pick up the slack, if Sanchez works a couple games in a row.

Still, I think the rotation that DBTR suggested is the best option the Jays have and would be very tough to beat.

3 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

why would they pitch him to the playoffs and take him out...I would be pi%%ed....

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Honestly, I'd be fine with Stro being the third starter and Sanchez in the pen. He could certainly lock down the 7th and 8th. Grilli could pick up the slack, if Sanchez works a couple games in a row.

Still, I think the rotation that DBTR suggested is the best option the Jays have and would be very tough to beat.

I agree 100%. Even if Stro can reclaim some of his magic then a rotation of Estrada/Happ/Stro looks great too, and a bullpen of Sanchez, osuna, Grille, and Benoit (with how he's done so far) could be lights out. They need a lefty there though, hopefully Cecil can do that. 

4 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I agree 100%. Even if Stro can reclaim some of his magic then a rotation of Estrada/Happ/Stro looks great too, and a bullpen of Sanchez, osuna, Grille, and Benoit (with how he's done so far) could be lights out. They need a lefty there though, hopefully Cecil can do that. 

The guys a Jays' Central have been going on a lot about how Liriano has been saying "he'll do whatever is asked of him". Assuming the Jays make the postseason, I think he could possibly be an effective alternative to Cecil from the left side.