The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

42 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Better then his 25M last year lol. Forgot about Gray interesting.

He's been through a lot personally, so if he goes out with a ring ill be happy. One of the more underrated pitchers of this generation. For me he is a borderline HOFer, and really needs to get to 250 wins to have a shot (237 right now).

21 minutes ago, Xbox said:

It sounds like he was serious 

Someone mentioned about trading him and I think they also brought up about him not being liked because of his personality or something along those lines. I can see it in him he seems like someone who comes off friendly but can also get on your nerves easily, or after sometime.

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Someone mentioned about trading him and I think they also brought up about him not being liked because of his personality or something along those lines. I can see it in him he seems like someone who comes off friendly but can also get on your nerves easily, or after sometime.

I honestly think the same thing. It's so obvious with him. I'm a fan of him on the mound but off the mound not really a fan.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I honestly think the same thing. It's so obvious with him. I'm a fan of him on the mound but off the mound not really a fan.

I think I could be friends with Stroman, for a couple of weeks. 

Then I’d never return his calls or speak to him again. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Stro has a pretty big chip on his shoulder. Goes hand in hand with being a small pitcher. He's probably been told over and over that he can't do it....

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Stro has a pretty big chip on his shoulder. Goes hand in hand with being a small pitcher. He's probably been told over and over that he can't do it....

Yeah I'm sure he fought to get where he is not many of his size make it or last and kudos to him, so I understand the chip on the shoulder a bit, but still there's just that something I feel with him that players just say alright I've had enough of him and that's not good for a team.

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah I'm sure he fought to get where he is not many of his size make it or last and kudos to him, so I understand the chip on the shoulder a bit, but still there's just that something I feel with him that players just say alright I've had enough of him and that's not good for a team.

Agreed. That's one reason I've been an advocate of trading him since before the start of last season. When the rumors of Stroman for Charlie Blackmon were swirling around, I was all for it.

It was never confirmed, but if Shatkins said no to that deal, I think they made a big mistake. 

25 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

4 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Marcus Strowman is PK Subban of MLB.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

He has to stop with this HDMH crap now. He's had the ball in a Game 5 winner take all and a Wild Card winner take all playoff game and won both, he won the gold glove award and is considered a top pitcher in the AL, smashed an HR in an interleague game as well as pinch hit. No one is doubting him anymore, he's already proved them wrong. Stroman is just going to turn off his actual fans pretty soon. @fivethejis right. He's the PK Subban and Isaiah Thomas of the MLB.

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Agreed. That's one reason I've been an advocate of trading him since before the start of last season. When the rumors of Stroman for Charlie Blackmon were swirling around, I was all for it.

It was never confirmed, but if Shatkins said no to that deal, I think they made a big mistake. 

I was definitely skeptical about him last year because the year prior he struggled, but thought he did very well last year and was happy with his performances, but again he's got that thing so wouldn't be upset if we lost him, but would be more upset to not get a similar position player in return. 

I think I may of heard a rumor or something of that back then, or maybe it was you talking in here lol, but yeah sure would be nice to have Blackmon, but then again you'd have to go find a pitcher to replace Stro and that will probably cost a young star player, and that's not good. 

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

8 hours ago, Xbox said:

Wow must suck to be a fan of either Florida team. Now Tampa Bay is throwing in the white towel. Longoria to Giants.

Heh, it's the MLB.  For the most part, it sucks to be a fan of any team not named the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, or Dodgers.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Wash said:

I know it is wishful thinking, but it'd be nice to get some Jays news.   It is Friday afterall.

Looks like your wish was granted...

Blue Jays GM: 'I can't imagine our team being better without Josh Donaldson'

The Toronto Blue Jays have heard the rumors, and general manager Ross Atkins is dismissive of his club's interest in trading away third baseman Josh Donaldson.

"It seems like it was one rumor that came out at the trade deadline, and people have continued to build off that rumor," Atkins told Jerry Crasnick of ESPN. "We're trying to win, and I can't imagine our team being better without Josh Donaldson."

"The Yankees and Red Sox are going to be very good, and I would agree there's probably more to come potentially for both teams," Atkins continued. "But we're excited about trying to overcome the challenges."

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1452869

All that talk but what is he actually doing? Nothing.