The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

18 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So saw something that I missed last week, rumour out there is Gibbons might be fired this week. And if true this might also have something to do with why Gibbons refused to talk to the media the other day, he might know his time is done and just said screw it to talking to the media.

This is from last week about 4-5 days ago.

According to former Globe and Mail columnist Marty York, the Toronto Blue Jays will fire manager John Gibbons by next week. 

York sent out the following tweet, on Wednesday evening: “I have strong information that John Gibbons will be out as manager of the struggling Blue Jays by next week (and) may be replaced by Eric Wedge.”

York has a resume which includes roles with the Globe and Mail, the Metro, TSN and Sportsnet, covering the CFL and MLB. As such, he certainly has some gravitas within the sports media industry.

Girardi a better option 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So saw something that I missed last week, rumour out there is Gibbons might be fired this week. And if true this might also have something to do with why Gibbons refused to talk to the media the other day, he might know his time is done and just said screw it to talking to the media.

This is from last week about 4-5 days ago.

According to former Globe and Mail columnist Marty York, the Toronto Blue Jays will fire manager John Gibbons by next week. 

York sent out the following tweet, on Wednesday evening: “I have strong information that John Gibbons will be out as manager of the struggling Blue Jays by next week (and) may be replaced by Eric Wedge.”

York has a resume which includes roles with the Globe and Mail, the Metro, TSN and Sportsnet, covering the CFL and MLB. As such, he certainly has some gravitas within the sports media industry.

I hope we aren't taking anything Marty York says seriously. He is a known Blue Jays hater and I believe has been saying John Gibbons will be fired for the past 4 years. That guy is so thin skinned, he trashes the Blue Jays any chance he gets and he blocks people if they disagree with him. 

4 hours ago, gmen81 said:

I hope we aren't taking anything Marty York says seriously. He is a known Blue Jays hater and I believe has been saying John Gibbons will be fired for the past 4 years. That guy is so thin skinned, he trashes the Blue Jays any chance he gets and he blocks people if they disagree with him. 

Lol wasn't aware of how long he has been saying it, it's just a rumour obviously so nothing concrete, but any news/rumours regarding firing Gibby I'm all over that :)

35 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Lol wasn't aware of how long he has been saying it, it's just a rumour obviously so nothing concrete, but any news/rumours regarding firing Gibby I'm all over that :)

Ya i hear ya on the Gibbons front, but Marty York is a complete joke so don't listen to anything he says. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Nope 6 hits, 2 ER, 4 BB, he wasn't terrible but he wasn't good either imo, his control wasn't that good that's what I really noticed.

That was his line at the end... He had 1 hit baseball going thru 5 at least.

10 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yup correct, he wasn't terrible, but his control wasn't the greatest, but they're playing the Orioles haha

Fair enough!! The O's are.. pretty terrible. I think I heard a stat that all of their last 14 HR have been solo shots!

I wonder if its still the blister thing, or maybe just some other kind of mind funk related to being so young?

7 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Fair enough!! The O's are.. pretty terrible. I think I heard a stat that all of their last 14 HR have been solo shots!

I wonder if its still the blister thing, or maybe just some other kind of mind funk related to being so young?

I think it's just getting back to the basics again and build from their, don't try to over do it. Missing almost the whole year last year is a big step back in his development, and tbh anyone who misses a whole year can take sometime to get back to where they were before, as long as he stays healthy this year he can continue to work on things and should be able to get back to where he was a couple years ago, but it's just time and staying healthy!

Will add regarding the Orioles, what made me laugh at the beginning of this series was, as bad as the Jays have been especially in May they were still 6 games up on the O's that tells me how bad they are lol.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

On 6/10/2018 at 12:52 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

To bad the Jays can't play the Orioles all season long, maybe they would have a shot for a wild card :gocan:

Word. I always thought they were called the "O's" because it was the first letter of their nickname....

....learn something new everyday......

• Haha 1