The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

All good mate. I know nuance doesn't translate well on the internet.

We're in agreement about wishing that the Jays could play Baltimore 162 times a year....;)

That was a zing I wasn't figuring out on my own lol. 

Here I thought even though it was the O's, they would build some confidence going into the Rays series... Nope.

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

That was a zing I wasn't figuring out on my own lol. 

Here I thought even though it was the O's, they would build some confidence going into the Rays series... Nope.

I think they were due for a "meh" game from Gaviglio anyway. As good as he's been up until now, it was like playing with house money....

Playing at the Trop (or whatever they call it now) has always been Kryptonite for the Jays, so I'm hoping they get out of Florida with a split. That would be like a win, all things considered. Barring that, I'd settle for not being swept.

Considering the starting pitching lately (yesterday notwithstanding) I think both outcomes are well within the realm of possibility.

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think they were due for a "meh" game from Gaviglio anyway. As good as he's been up until now, it was like playing with house money....

Playing at the Trop (or whatever they call it now) has always been Kryptonite for the Jays, so I'm hoping they get out of Florida with a split. That would be like a win, all things considered. Barring that, I'd settle for not being swept.

Considering the starting pitching lately (yesterday notwithstanding) I think both outcomes are well within the realm of possibility.

Yup you're right can't argue with any of that! I do trust the starting rotation more than the bullpen, even if it's not the greatest. I like Happ but I believe they need a stronger ace then him, I always think of Sanchez but I don't know I think that will take a couple years still to find out. Not a big fan of Stroman when he's on he's on, no doubt about it, but I don't see the consistency with him to be a #1. As for Estrada he reminds me of a Dicky in a way for being expendable, he's good for giving you innings but he's not dominate I do think he's smart, but I wouldn't be against trading to improve in some way. 

Obviously it was the first game of the series and I'm jumping to conclusions, but would expect or like to see more than 4 runs scored against a team who's basically doing the same as the Jays, I feel they are better then the Rays, but will see how the series goes.

11 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yup you're right can't argue with any of that! I do trust the starting rotation more than the bullpen, even if it's not the greatest. I like Happ but I believe they need a stronger ace then him, I always think of Sanchez but I don't know I think that will take a couple years still to find out. Not a big fan of Stroman when he's on he's on, no doubt about it, but I don't see the consistency with him to be a #1. As for Estrada he reminds me of a Dicky in a way for being expendable, he's good for giving you innings but he's not dominate I do think he's smart, but I wouldn't be against trading to improve in some way. 

Obviously it was the first game of the series and I'm jumping to conclusions, but would expect or like to see more than 4 runs scored against a team who's basically doing the same as the Jays, I feel they are better then the Rays, but will see how the series goes.

At this point, the only untouchable for me would be Sanchez. He looks shaky right now and the injury history is troubling, but there's too much upside to give up on him yet.

Estrada and Happ, as good as they've been, are perfect trade chips for the deadline. I was hoping for a Wild Card shot, but right now I just don't see it and TBH, I don't really think it would be to the team's long term benefit. Even in my most optimistic day, I can't see this team winning a playoff series against any of the big 4 (Yankees, Red Sox, Astros or Indians)

I think they'd be much better off to trade those guys for high level prospects, like they did last year with Teoscar.

It's the same reason I was advocating moving Donaldson last year and Stro right after the World Cup (or whatever it's called).

For me, the only keepers currently on the MLB roster are Teoscar, Sanchez and maybe Grichuk and Gaviglio. Everyone else will be (or should be) long gone by the time this team is actually a contender, IMHO.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

At this point, the only untouchable for me would be Sanchez. He looks shaky right now and the injury history is troubling, but there's too much upside to give up on him yet.

Estrada and Happ, as good as they've been, are perfect trade chips for the deadline. I was hoping for a Wild Card shot, but right now I just don't see it and TBH, I don't really think it would be to the team's long term benefit. Even in my most optimistic day, I can't see this team winning a playoff series against any of the big 4 (Yankees, Red Sox, Astros or Indians)

I think they'd be much better off to trade those guys for high level prospects, like they did last year with Teoscar.

It's the same reason I was advocating moving Donaldson last year and Stro right after the World Cup (or whatever it's called).

For me, the only keepers currently on the MLB roster are Teoscar, Sanchez and maybe Grichuk and Gaviglio. Everyone else will be (or should be) long gone by the time this team is actually a contender, IMHO.

Yeah gotcha, definitely a trade year imo, I'm ready to part ways with Donaldson and hopefully get something good in return. I'd still like to keep Travis, I think he would be a great DH for the future, but not interested in him in the field.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Brian Cashman hangs up before you finish the word Gleyber.

I'd do Frazier, Austin, and a Mid level prospect (like Hoy-Jun Park)

It would take quite a bit for the Jays to trade a guy like Stroman to a rival like the Yankees. A package including Frazier+Florial might get the talks going. 

20 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

I think Gleyber is more or less untouchable. 

Sounds like I’m in the minority here but I’d do Stroman for Frazier straight up. Admittedly I don’t like Stroman and I’m big on Frazier though. 

I think I offered Reggie that deal in the off-season.

He took it right away, so now I think he has to add....B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think I offered Reggie that deal in the off-season.

He took it right away, so now I think he has to add....B)

Maybe it’s one of those “grass is greener” cases but I’d be over the moon if they pulled that trade. Any more would be gravy. Frazier is a stud and Stroman seems like a huge tool.