The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

The Jays need more player who can get on base and hit for average, not for power. If they could get Morneau for dirt cheap, it'll be well worth it, even with his concussion problems. Remember, he won the battling title just two season ago, albeit it was in a hitter's park.

There were only 20 qualified players last season with an average above .300 and 32 qualified players with a OBP of .360 for the season. Every team could use more players who get on base and hit for average as there aren't that many to go around.

Im just praying I dont see a "Price to NYY or BOS" signing. I'd cry. Hopefully we re-sign him or he goes to the NL. Cubs would be OK.

I have a Price Jays shirt, probably will get Martin next year. He's my favourite Jay.

The Cubs make sense in so many ways. First there's the track record with Joe Maddon. Then there's the fact that they look to be a contending team for the foreseeable future and finally the fact that they're in the Senior Circuit. Price wants to swing the bat.

The Cubs make sense in so many ways. First there's the track record with Joe Maddon. Then there's the fact that they look to be a contending team for the foreseeable future and finally the fact that they're in the Senior Circuit. Price wants to swing the bat.

I dont blame him. He was good at it!

I wish him luck with the Cubs if he ends up going there. We have the best 1-2 punch in baseball (except LA) for the second half. I didn't expect that to continue, merely hoped.

I dont blame him. He was good at it!

I wish him luck with the Cubs if he ends up going there. We have the best 1-2 punch in baseball (except LA) for the second half. I didn't expect that to continue, merely hoped.

at this point I've already pencilled Price in to the cubs roster. As disappointing as that is, I don't think it's gonna sink the Jays. Far from it. From what we know of his demands and the Jays 2016 budget he'd probably handcuff them pretty bad.

same here, still holding out a little hope for Estrada though

I love Estrada. I think he's a fantastic story and I just about teared up watching him leave game 5 or whatever that was. Did I ever share that article from Dirk Hayhurst on life in the minor leagues? If I didn't, you'll find a whole new level of respect for Estrada after reading it.

that being said, the cautious pessimist in me worries that last year will be a career year and the Jays could sign a bad contract. The optimist in me says that change up is too filthy for him to fall off.

I love Estrada. I think he's a fantastic story and I just about teared up watching him leave game 5 or whatever that was. Did I ever share that article from Dirk Hayhurst on life in the minor leagues? If I didn't, you'll find a whole new level of respect for Estrada after reading it.

that being said, the cautious pessimist in me worries that last year will be a career year and the Jays could sign a bad contract. The optimist in me says that change up is too filthy for him to fall off.

let's see it

Already removed my Price sig..he isnt coming back...hoping we can get a solid starter and a bull pen ace.

Too bad Joakim Soria is a RHD reliever (just because the jays could use another lefty). He looks fully recovered from TJS and would be a great fall back option if the Jays want Osuna in a different role.

Edited by RonMexico

Well at least we have our ace in Stroman. I hope we can retain Estrada but if not, it means Navarro might not stick around (wasn't a fan of his).

As much as I like Price, his contract demands are crazy and would definitely handcuff us in the future. I want him back, but not at 200M for 7 years. That's crazy. 

Edited by Xbox

This may come across as an ignorant comment, but here it is: as much as I enjoyed watching Price pitch on TO from the deadline forward, he just didn't seem to have the kind of composure you would expect a true ace to have. His body language seemed off. Maybe that's just how he settles himself, but when things got tough he looked a little shaky. Couple that with a rough playoff record both this past postseason and overall and I'm not surprised his 200 mil demands are going elsewhere.

Preparing to get flamed in 3...2...