The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

He is young but I imagine he is slated for Buffalo...

TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays acquired outfielder Darrell Ceciliani from the New York Mets on Tuesday in exchange for a player to be named later.

The 25-year-old native of Tracy, Calif., had one homer and a .206 average in 39 games for the Mets in his rookie year last season.

He had a .345 average with 19 doubles, four triples, nine home runs and 16 stolen bases in 70 games at triple-A Las Vegas.

Ceciliani was selected by the Mets in the fourth round of the 2009 draft.

21 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

He is young but I imagine he is slated for Buffalo...

TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays acquired outfielder Darrell Ceciliani from the New York Mets on Tuesday in exchange for a player to be named later.

The 25-year-old native of Tracy, Calif., had one homer and a .206 average in 39 games for the Mets in his rookie year last season.

He had a .345 average with 19 doubles, four triples, nine home runs and 16 stolen bases in 70 games at triple-A Las Vegas.

Ceciliani was selected by the Mets in the fourth round of the 2009 draft.

Plan the parade....<_<

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Plan the parade....<_<

I don't get it. Aren't teams that revitalized their fan base supposed to capitalize on it? Like the old saying, strike while the iron is hot. Yet this off-season has been so lack luster it's pathetic. Something just doesn't seem quite right.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

I don't get it. Aren't teams that revitalized their fan base supposed to capitalize on it? Like the old saying, strike while the iron is hot. Yet this off-season has been so lack luster it's pathetic. Something just doesn't seem quite right.

and they also resigned Izturus of all people...I agree with you.

Solid move to my understanding if they went year by year through arbitration Donaldson would have made about 11.8 and then 18ish this deal just evens out both years. Also when this contract is done he has one more arbitration year I believe. Thats probably when JD gets his 5-7 years or traded hopefully the first one.

On February 9, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Jiggs50 said:

His arbitration years me thinks. He'll get the big contract later. 

Correct.

These 2 years are his final as a RFA. Afterwards he becomes a UFA. And that's probably where he cashes in on one of those monster deals if he continues his production from last season. Doubt the cheap Jays would overpay to keep him.

11 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Correct.

These 2 years are his final as a RFA. Afterwards he becomes a UFA. And that's probably where he cashes in on one of those monster deals if he continues his production from last season. Doubt the cheap Jays would overpay to keep him.

Have to agree..I think this will be the last 2 years as a Jay for Josh...I also read that the Jays havent even talked extension yet with EE..

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

Have to agree..I think this will be the last 2 years as a Jay for Josh...I also read that the Jays havent even talked extension yet with EE..

Saw that too. I think management is semi-committing to a "win now" mindset but mostly set on building the organization for the future

4 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Saw that too. I think management is semi-committing to a "win now" mindset but mostly set on building the organization for the future

Management is retarded.

And didn't EE say a couple of months ago if he didn't get a contract extension before the start of the season he wouldn't sign one during the season and would take a look at FA? 

On 2/18/2016 at 5:20 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

Management is retarded.

And didn't EE say a couple of months ago if he didn't get a contract extension before the start of the season he wouldn't sign one during the season and would take a look at FA? 

Not sure I agree with that...

Edwing is a great hitter, no doubt, but the contract for JD and an extension for Joey Bats (if it happens) are going to eat a lot of salary. I think management realizes that they need pitching help more than they need an expensive DH. I could even see Edwin being traded at some point.

BTW: Yes, he said an extension (if there is one) needs to be done before opening day.