The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

10 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Great way to start a potential division title decider. Jays are clearly a way stacked up team than the Os. They have some good players as well but not as talented as ours. 

I don't know-  I wouldn't sell guys like Machado, Jones, or Davis short. Machado and Jones are two of the best in all of baseball and Machado is still just scratching the surface. Trumbo is having a tremendous year as well. They don't have the pitching the Jays do though.

Side note, there's very few things I enjoy more than waking up on a nice Saturday/Sunday morning and watching the Jays with a pot of coffee.

1 hour ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I don't know-  I wouldn't sell guys like Machado, Jones, or Davis short. Machado and Jones are two of the best in all of baseball and Machado is still just scratching the surface. Trumbo is having a tremendous year as well. They don't have the pitching the Jays do though.

Side note, there's very few things I enjoy more than waking up on a nice Saturday/Sunday morning and watching the Jays with a pot of coffee.

I think Davis is one of the best home run hitters in the AL, but he's been slumping for a long time. Also Trumbo is no slouch and Weiters is a great catcher.

Edit; Buck just confirmed with Davis, he's hit the most hr since 2012 with 181, Bautista is second with 179.

Edited by Standing_Tall#37

10 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I think Davis is one of the best home run hitters in the AL, but he's been slumping for a long time. Also Trumbo is no slouch and Weiters is a great catcher.

Yeah he's right up there for most home runs in the last couple years, maybe the most. He's a big, powerful man. I think he's got some real holes in his swing that can be exposed though. I think I mentioned Trumbo. Another big, strong guy and he's having a hell of a year. I remember being in awe at some of the bombs he hit in the derby a couple years back.

There seems to be some redundancy in that lineup though between Davis, Trumbo, and Alvarez. 

2 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Yeah he's right up there for most home runs in the last couple years, maybe the most. He's a big, powerful man. I think he's got some real holes in his swing that can be exposed though. I think I mentioned Trumbo. Another big, strong guy and he's having a hell of a year. I remember being in awe at some of the bombs he hit in the derby a couple years back.

There seems to be some redundancy in that lineup though between Davis, Trumbo, and Alvarez. 

You did mention Trumbo, I'm half asleep, darned kids waking me up at quarter to 5 lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

I figured if the Jays were going to have trouble on any game this series it would be this one...they usually do well against Tillman.

Still early. Happ needs to keep it close and they'll have a shot. Hopefully Gallardo starts to hang a few pitches.

Just now, Fantomex said:

Still early. Happ needs to keep it close and they'll have a shot. Hopefully Gallardo starts to hang a few pitches.

.just saying that this  would be the game they would have trouble with if there was one of the 3..

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

.just saying that this  would be the game they would have trouble with if there was one of the 3..

Oh I realize that, wasn't trying to contradict you, just trying to be optimistic! And you're completely right. Gallardo has given the Jays more than they can handle for the most part. He seems fearless against the big bats in our lineup.

Just now, Fantomex said:

Oh I realize that, wasn't trying to contradict you, just trying to be optimistic! And you're completely right. Gallardo has given the Jays more than they can handle for the most part. He seems fearless against the big bats in our lineup.

They have to run up his pitch count and get into the pen....they have a strong pen but better than facing a rolling Gallardo.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

They have to run up his pitch count and get into the pen....they have a strong pen but better than facing a rolling Gallardo.

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

although they wont be running up any pitch count with these puny innings.

Agreed. Chasing the high fastballs, first pitch pop outs... ugh.<_<