The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

Wouldn't trade either Stro or Sanchez away, they're going to be one-two punch for the Blue Jays for many, many years. Really hope the Blue Jays can swindle Votto in some type of deal.

well i kind of think

that the blue jay organization

would not trade young exceptionally talented players.. and pitchers...  who are paid millions

because they have a bit of a spat that makes it's way on twitter

i kinda think they'd just talk to them first

and tell them both to just grow up a bit

and keep their drama a bit more private

Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura died in a car crash in the Dominican Republic on Sunday. The tragic news was confirmed by his agency, ISE Baseball, and the Royals. Ventura was 25 years old. 

"It is with a heavy and broken heart that we confirm the passing of Yordano Ventura," said Royals vice president of communications and broadcasting Mike Swanson.

Ventura emerged onto the baseball scene in 2014 with the Royals, going 14-10 with a 3.20 ERA and finishing sixth in the American League Rookie of the Year Award voting. An important part of the Royals' rotation over the past few seasons, he went 13-8 in Kansas City's World Series championship campaign in '15.

RIP Yordano Ventura. Awful news. Ruined the day. Way too young. Prayers to the families and everyone involved!

Ventura, who went 11-12 with a 4.45 ERA in 2016, signed with the Royals as an amateur free agent in '08.
In a separate incident, former Major League infielder Andy Marte, who played parts of seven seasons with the Indians, Braves and D-backs, died in a car crash. He was 33. 
Edited by ReggieBush

14 hours ago, coastal.view said:

well i kind of think

that the blue jay organization

would not trade young exceptionally talented players.. and pitchers...  who are paid millions

because they have a bit of a spat that makes it's way on twitter

i kinda think they'd just talk to them first

and tell them both to just grow up a bit

and keep their drama a bit more private

To be fair, Sanchez never went public with anything and kept it 100% private.

1 minute ago, Brad Marchand said:

No words.

That's extremely sad. But isn't that the Royals pitcher who threw at everyone, including almost killing Donaldson with a fastball? RIP but I wont miss that.

9 minutes ago, Xbox said:

That's extremely sad. But isn't that the Royals pitcher who threw at everyone, including almost killing Donaldson with a fastball? RIP but I wont miss that.

yes...among others..he also hit Machado last year and started a brawl...one of many related to him...I wont miss these antics either but no matter how much I didnt like his style .you dont wish this kind of tragedy on anyone...RIP>

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

yes...among others..he also hit Machado last year and started a brawl...one of many related to him...I wont miss these antics either but no matter how much I didnt like his style .you dont wish this kind of tragedy on anyone...RIP>

Yeah I just searched through Youtube and found the Machado vs. Ventura game so definitely the same guy. RIP way too young, but I really don't know how to feel right now. I'll be honest, this is definitely not how I felt when the Jose Fernandez news came out.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Relax.

RIP to an incredibly talented baseball player with a ridiculous arm.

25 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Relax.

RIP to an incredibly talented baseball player with a ridiculous arm.

EDIT: I had to edit this because I let the circumstance of the death override the actual thought of Ventura never pitching again. That's definitely bad news and a blow to major league baseball.

Edited by Xbox