The Stork

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

so you resist change? you do not like to see a new landscape appearing in the economics of baseball?

 

you appear to have too simplistic an approach to this player value issue

and baseball economics and sports economics

players are paid what they are worth

and when the pay scale for positions change, that tells you the revised value of that position

it is not static.. it is dynamic

and the revised value becomes the current value for that position

 

look at the nfl

position values have been altered drastically over the last number years

most notably the running back position

the value of that position has plunged

running backs used to be the most highly sought draft picks after quarterbacks

no longer

their pay scale has been adjusted accordingly

there are so many capable running backs

they have short careers

they have become plug and play assets

get them young, cheap, use them for 3 or so years

get a new one

do not waste high draft picks on them (except for the really special ones)

and do not sign them to long term contracts (but for the nfl this is a bit irrelevant since no contract is guaranteed so less of an issue in that league)

 

in baseball we have seen in this off season a glut of players who can fill the dh position

veteran players can extend their careers if they are still capable hitters but can not longer play a fielding position

if they are prepared to dh

there are more and more veteran players with hitting talent transitioning to dh

their value will fall and is falling

 

the position in baseball that is presently increasing in value is bullpen pitchers

long relief pitchers, especially the ones that can pitch more often on shorter rest

 

so no, i do not think ee got screwed

if he really is the wonderboy you suggest he would have been paid

or the managers of all the other baseball teams must be stupid for passing on him if he was such good value

they are not all stupid

so he must not be worth what you believe

 

historical payment for that position is interesting as a historical fact

it does not determine the present business model for baseball teams

and i know that because we all saw what happened this past off season in baseball

What I see is you're explaining the transition that looks to be happening in the MLB, but that just goes to show you do admit to not admit he got screwed. Because this transition is now happening in 2017 it cost EE more money then it did for other players in the past who didn't have to go through this new transition that is happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Rogers offer any type of exclusive cell phone package that allows watching Blue Jays games and such? I'd love to be able to watch more games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Does Rogers offer any type of exclusive cell phone package that allows watching Blue Jays games and such? I'd love to be able to watch more games.

https://connected.rogers.com/sports/spotlight/watch-the-toronto-blue-jays-while-on-the-go-632494

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Does Rogers offer any type of exclusive cell phone package that allows watching Blue Jays games and such? I'd love to be able to watch more games.

Do you have cable television at home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.thescore.com/news/1259070

Pillar has been trying to add the bunt into his offensive arsenal. He's played in a couple minor league games and he's been 0-7 on it including striking out a couple times on foul bunts when he was behind the count with 2 strikes. I'd like to hear what you guys think of this. I think it's a brilliant idea since usually in season, he's always a free swinger and goes fishing to pitches that are awfully off the plate. Another thing is if Travis isn't ready, would you guys give Gurriel or Elmore a shot over Goins? I may get roasted for saying this. Goins is great with the leather but if he doesn't get it going with the bat soon during the season and come playoff time, then we have to look at some of the available options. Gurriel has been one of young guys I've been intrigued by. He hasn't featured in many games but I'd like to see maybe a couple more looks to see whether he's MLB ready or not. They've said I believe he'll start in the minors but if he gets couple of chances and does well do you all think he might crack the opening day roster? That's all from me but it's been a disappointing spring training. Luckily it doesn't matter so it's all good. Looking forward to opening day and seeing how the team does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Do you have cable television at home?

Yeah, Bell Fibe. If this Rogers cell plan is too expensive I'm not going to get it. I just have an unlocked iPhone 6 so I'm basically free to go with whoever. 

 

Might stick with Telus but kinda ticked they never told me I wasn't earning credit towards a new phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Yeah, Bell Fibe. If this Rogers cell plan is too expensive I'm not going to get it. I just have an unlocked iPhone 6 so I'm basically free to go with whoever. 

 

Might stick with Telus but kinda ticked they never told me I wasn't earning credit towards a new phone.

Well you should really just look into Sportsnet Now, they have an option for Bell costumers to sign in to watch their channels. Sportsnet Now is your TV subscription channels on the go, just sign into your TV subscribers account and watch your channels on your devices.

 

Put it this way I haven't had TV for over 3 years, but I am able to watch every Jays/Canucks game through Sportsnet Now I just use my parents TV usernames. Works for TSN as well, but Sportsnet is way better because you can always go back and start the game from the beginning or go back and watch the program even after it's over.

 

Here is the Bell info for it check it out!

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Mobile-TV

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well you should really just look into Sportsnet Now, they have an option for Bell costumers to sign in to watch their channels. Sportsnet Now is your TV subscription channels on the go, just sign into your TV subscribers account and watch your channels on your devices.

 

Put it this way I haven't had TV for over 3 years, but I am able to watch every Jays/Canucks game through Sportsnet Now I just use my parents TV usernames. Works for TSN as well, but Sportsnet is way better because you can always go back and start the game from the beginning or go back and watch the program even after it's over.

 

Here is the Bell info for it check it out!

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Mobile-TV

BRO!!! I can get the games on Telus phone if I have Bell Fibe??

 

 

Edited by Xbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

What I see is you're explaining the transition that looks to be happening in the MLB, but that just goes to show you do admit to not admit he got screwed. Because this transition is now happening in 2017 it cost EE more money then it did for other players in the past who didn't have to go through this new transition that is happening.

i am utterly baffled by your logic

but i will cry uncle and say you win

 

i give up

 

i will no longer message you regarding ee

you have some sort of fixation here that blocks your logical reasoning

 

so i now state for the record that i agree that wonderboy was screwed by the entire mlb

who conspired to keep his contractual value low

in the face of historical contracts made to other players

of approximately in the same talent range as ee

i'll send him some quarters so he does not starve

happy now ?

Edited by coastal.view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Xbox said:

BRO!!! I can get the games on Telus phone if I have Bell Fibe??

 

 

Lol yeah man doesn't matter what company you have with for your phone, as long as you have access to Internet and can access the website of Sportsnet or TSN it doesn't matter, or they probably have apps for it anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i am utterly baffled by your logic

but i will cry uncle and say you win

 

i give up

 

i will no longer message you regarding ee

you have some sort of fixation here that blocks your logical reasoning

 

so i now state for the record that i agree that wonderboy was screwed by the entire mlb

who conspired to keep his contractual value low

in the face of historical contracts made to other players

of approximately in the same talent range as ee

i'll send him some quarters so he does not starve

happy now ?

Never knew I was Angry but I guess you know me so much.

 

Honestly screw it I'm coming out and saying it, ever since you've been starting to post in this topic more and more since last year I find your posts towards not just me but others as well sometimes to be very negative and rude. It actually does piss me off sometimes but have kept my mouth shut on the matter, then I saw it happens in other topics with other posters you talk with as well. 

 

On the other side you have this image in your head that "I" can't accept the fact that EE isn't here, even though I have stated it many times I'm fine just would of preferred him here instead, you can't seem to see it that way it's bizarre but w/e. Wether or not this trend for DH/1B type power hitters are going to continue to get less money as the years go on is hard to say it may or may not. 

 

Maybe I'm just not explaining it to you properly or you're just not seeing what I'm seeing whatever the case may be, think it's safe to say ending this conversation, and I will continue to voice my opinion on EE and what I believe not what someone else feels or believes or tries to force me to believe.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Lol yeah man doesn't matter what company you have with for your phone, as long as you have access to Internet and can access the website of Sportsnet or TSN it doesn't matter, or they probably have apps for it anyways.

Nice dude this is revolutionary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well you should really just look into Sportsnet Now, they have an option for Bell costumers to sign in to watch their channels. Sportsnet Now is your TV subscription channels on the go, just sign into your TV subscribers account and watch your channels on your devices.

 

Put it this way I haven't had TV for over 3 years, but I am able to watch every Jays/Canucks game through Sportsnet Now I just use my parents TV usernames. Works for TSN as well, but Sportsnet is way better because you can always go back and start the game from the beginning or go back and watch the program even after it's over.

 

Here is the Bell info for it check it out!

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Mobile-TV

Do you have to pay for Sportsnet now? No clue how this all works. I usually just catch games on TV and stick with it. Don't know much about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xbox said:

Nice dude this is revolutionary 

Bud I know! It's crazy how sweet it actually is. I just downloaded the Sportsnet App to see and they do have Sportsnet Now on the app, so you can just sign into your TV providers account and watch your channels on their app!

 

Here's the thing I remember 3-4 years ago setting it up on Shaw at my mother's and she had to sign into her account and add my device(laptop) to the list 5 allowed, then I went home signed into Sportsnet Now on my laptop and was able to watch her sports channels. Long story short she moved to Winnipeg, so I went to my Dad's 6 months ago signed into their Telus account, had to make an Optik on the Go account, then I just use that username and psw to sign into Sportsnet Now and get their channels :)!

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Do you have to pay for Sportsnet now? No clue how this all works. I usually just catch games on TV and stick with it. Don't know much about it

You don't have to pay for it, if you or your family ;) already pays for Cable, and has a sports package where you get Sportsnet channels. Read my post above to Xbox what I went through with 2 different companies.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Bud I know! It's crazy how sweet it actually is. I just downloaded the Sportsnet App to see and they do have Sportsnet Now on the app, so you can just sign into your TV providers account and watch your channels on their app!

 

Here's the thing I remember 3-4 years ago setting it up on Shaw at my mother's and she had to sign into her account and add my device(laptop) to the list 5 allowed, then I went home signed into Sportsnet Now on my laptop and was able to watch her sports channels. Long story short she moved to Winnipeg, so I went to my Dad's 6 months ago signed into their Telus account, had to make an Optik on the Go account, then I just use that username and psw to sign into Sportsnet Now and get their channels :)!

You're right!! I downloaded the Bell TV app and this is heavenly... Can watch anything from cable on my phone :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Xbox said:

You're right!! I downloaded the Bell TV app and this is heavenly... Can watch anything from cable on my phone :)

Nice yeah I heard now you can watch any channels with your provider, I just did it for sports, but cool it's working! Just be careful for your data if your using it, it will go up fast lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Nice yeah I heard now you can watch any channels with your provider, I just did it for sports, but cool it's working! Just be careful for your data if your using it, it will go up fast lol.

Wow this works away from home?? Thats sick! But yeah with only 2GB a month I'll use wi-fi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Wow this works away from home?? Thats sick! But yeah with only 2GB a month I'll use wi-fi 

That's the whole point of this, so people can still watch their shows away from home on other devices! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.