The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Nothing I've seen or read officially yet, I believe he's just asking.

Yeah it's dope, why I've been using it for so many years simple and you get lots of stuff, even all the tweets going on in the game to follow!

I have the same app also and it notifies me any news about the Jays and they're usually notify you up to date. It's very helpful to have if you have other favorite teams as well in other sports which is why I also have it like our own Canucks. Bo Schultz has to undergo Tommy John. He did a decent job in last year's playoffs. That might mean we'll see more Tepera who's pretty good himself. Also Pagan is soon going to make a decision between today and tomorrow I believe. Hope he signs soon with us

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Just read this and was a little surprised tbh, don't know how legit it is but sounds like it could be...

It’s likely that outfielder Melvin Upton Jr. will make the Blue Jays, but it’s not a lock, according to Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com. The last spot on the team figures to go to either Upton, whom Toronto acquired last summer from San Diego, or out-of-options middle infielder Ryan Goins. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/03/quick-hits-pagan-tigers-giants-m-upton-rangers-brewers-bosox.html

That's what I saw, but Pagan would take the spot from both. Goins > Upton otherwise

• Upvote 1

I'm excited to see how Bats does this season. He's been in season form so far this spring hitting over .500 going 10 for 18 including 2 dingers and 7 RBIs. Some sparkling numbers not to mention how well he did for DR also in the WBC. Also great to see how Gibby says he's on a mission this season, which will make this season much more entertaining along with Tulo, JD, Travis, Martin, Pearce, Morales possibly having career years themselves

http://www.thescore.com/news/1265722

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'm excited to see how Bats does this season. He's been in season form so far this spring hitting over .500 going 10 for 18 including 2 dingers and 7 RBIs. Some sparkling numbers not to mention how well he did for DR also in the WBC. Also great to see how Gibby says he's on a mission this season, which will make this season much more entertaining along with Tulo, JD, Travis, Martin, Pearce, Morales possibly having career years themselves

http://www.thescore.com/news/1265722

Nice I enjoy the updates. Hope we have a lights out year. I'm the most invested I have been since the Doc days. I hope my work slows down slightly by may so that I can enjoy some games :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

There is no place to play. You wouldn't stick them at the Nat, it's too small.

They played an exhibition series against the Brewers back in the 80's, but the field conditions were brutal and both teams came away with minor injuries from the lousy turf.

You never say never, but it would take some doing for the Jays to ever consider playing there again. Too bad, because a Jays/Mariners game seems like a natural fit.

• Upvote 2

They played at BC place back in the 90's, but that was the last of any MLB teams to play here. Now with the new Reno's they did to the stadium rumor is no baseball can be played there anymore due to the scoreboard being in the way, supposedly would cost to much to replace or remove for something of this nature, pretty sad actually since the stadium was built to accommodate baseball but now can't because of a scoreboard.

The stadium is also built to accommodate a baseball diamond, with retractable seating sections making room for right field. The Vancouver Canadians of the Triple-A Pacific Coast League played several series of games there between 1984 and 1988, including games 1 and 2 of the 1985 league championship series. Numerous Major League Baseball spring training games were also played, including in 1984 (Toronto Blue Jays and Milwaukee Brewers), 1986 (Chicago Cubs, San Diego Padres, Montreal Expos and Seattle Mariners), 1993 (Toronto, Seattle, Milwaukee and Detroit Tigers) and 1994 MLB season (Toronto, Seattle, Montreal and Colorado Rockies).[28]

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup