The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

And just as I finish typing the above response, the Jays give up the tying run, but make an excellent play to cut down the go-ahead run. The thing is, the three principals were guys who aren't part of the problem defensively: Pillar to Tulo to Martin.

I absolutely love this deal for the Yankees. Frazier, while he is having a tough season, is a solid bat that can play both corners infield positions and protects Judge and Sanchez in the lineup. Kahnle and Robertson are two good bullpen guys, the latter of which can be a supreme setup guy. We give up Rutherford who is a good prospect, but is an outfielder. We have two pretty good young outfielders in Clint Frazier and Aaron Judge, who are playing in the Majors right now, plus potentially Bryce Harper pretty soon.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I absolutely love this deal for the Yankees. Frazier, while he is having a tough season, is a solid bat that can play both corners infield positions and protects Judge and Sanchez in the lineup. Kahnle and Robertson are two good bullpen guys, the latter of which can be a supreme setup guy. We give up Rutherford who is a good prospect, but is an outfielder. We have two pretty good young outfielders in Clint Frazier and Aaron Judge, who are playing in the Majors right now, plus potentially Bryce Harper pretty soon.

Yanks got kahnle too? How many 100 mph throwers do u guys need jeez

Edited by numb3r 16

On 7/17/2017 at 6:43 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

The really sad thing is that two of their blunders didn't even count as errors. Te ball that dropped between Pillar and Bats was a case of miscommunication that resulted in a double and the ball off of Zeke's glove later in the inning should have been caught as well.

Tabby went through the motions of talking about Zeke almost making a great play, but he jumped way too soon. That's a ball that a major league outfielder has to catch.

The problem is, Pearce wouldn't have caught it either. The fault is with management for leaving the team so handicapped defensively in the name of adding more power to the offense.

Yeah the one that dropped between them was a mistake, I really thought it was Pillars ball imo. Yes LF has been making those mistakes all year and it's been frustrating to watch, hence it's been a ZOO out there. This is the guy they needed to keep, and lots of problems would of been fixed.

220px-Ben_Revere_2015.jpg

We saw a good example of the problem with the Jays' offense last inning:

Wit two on and nobody out, Bautista goes down 0-2 and then does a good job of fouling off close pitches. Then, for some reason, he lays off a borderline pitch, expecting to get the call, which he doesn't.

The ball was inside according to Pitch Tracker, but barely so and with two strikes, you have to protect. I've seen this attitude far too often this season: Guys walking back to the bench, complaining about a third strike call.

There's an old baseball phrase: "Too close to take". I sometimes wonder if the guys on this team have ever heard it...

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Wit two on and nobody out, Bautista goes down 0-2 and then does a good job of fouling off close pitches. Then, for some reason, he lays off a borderline pitch, expecting to get the call, which he doesn't.

The ball was inside according to Pitch Tracker, but barely so and with two strikes, you have to protect. I've seen this attitude far too often this season: Guys walking back to the bench, complaining about a third strike call.

There's an old baseball phrase: "Too close to take". I sometimes wonder if the guys on this team have ever heard it...

There is also the possibility that he simply guessed wrong - so combine a ball, with a pitch selection he wasn't expecting and it's conceivable he simply takes - and that it's not necessarily the type of error in judgement you're thinking.

But this team is difficult to watch this year.  So uncharacteristic of a guy like Tulo to charge and attempt to one-hand a ground ball like that while giving up two infield bases, and a run to the lead baserunner in the process.

I dunno.  I don't like Shapiro, so I'm blaming him lol.   Injuries - yes.  And a pitching staff that turned into a ghost. 

There's talk of trying to add - a 2nd baseman - pitching - I personally don't see the point.  This team all but has a fork in it. 

I think I'd rather Gibbons were expiring as opposed to extended, although hard to blame him either.  Just one of those seasons....

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I didn't like Bautista's reaction either until Donaldson struck out looking the next inning. Both pitches were absolutely spotted up, right into the glove, but both were about a full ball's width off of the place. The only difference was that Donaldson's was off the plate outside. It's one thing for an ump to give a little leeway inside off the plate or outside off the plate, but not both. It turns it into a high-school strike zone for major league level pitching, and that's practically impossible to hit.

this team would be so better off if they had made that move for Blackmon. it avoids the whole platoon situation at LF where it's been a mess. Pearce, Carrera have been great with the bat but not sure if they handle the speed and athleticism needed to be a good LFer. they should explore that option again by this TDL or at best the offseason where they need a guy who is great on the outfield and has some pop and good piece of hitting