The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

21 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Nice to see Jose Bautista getting a warm reception from the fans in what's most likely his last home games for the Blue Jays. 

I think that will be today. I fully expect a long ovation on his final AB. (Hopefully he does something Bautista-esque with it)

On 9/21/2017 at 2:31 PM, TheHitman said:

Man this season has been a disappointment. Missing Edwin dearly rn.

Can't agree with this.

The Jays have really missed Travis since he went down and a healthy Sanchez. That being said, the real issue lies with an aging roster with diminishing skills and nothing done to address the lack of speed and poor outfield defense.

• Upvote 1

I know numbers speak for themselves, but do you guys have Bautista in the top 5 greatest Blue Jays of all time?

1, 2, 3 and maybe 4 are pretty much locks with (and this is my opinion):

1. Alomar

2. Steib

3. Halladay

4. Delgado

5, could be a toss up between Bautista, Carter, Fernandez, Bell, heck even Hentgen.

10 hours ago, shiznak said:

I know numbers speak for themselves, but do you guys have Bautista in the top 5 greatest Blue Jays of all time?

1. Alomar

2. Steib

3. Halladay

4. Delgado

5, could be a toss up between Bautista, Carter, Fernandez, Bell, heck even Hentgen.

I think Carter holds a lot of sentimental value for Blue Jays fans. I would put Jose at 4 with Delgado at 5 and Carter at 6. 

Jays picked a fine time to start playing solid baseball. Just after they were assured of a sub-.500 season...:rolleyes:

Silver lining: If the Jays had still been in contention at the deadline, they wouldn't have traded Liriano and we wouldn't have Teoscar. You never judge a player on his September call-up play, but right now, that trade looks like an absolute steal.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Jays picked a fine time to start playing solid baseball. Just after they were assured of a sub-.500 season...:rolleyes:

Silver lining: If the Jays had still been in contention at the deadline, they wouldn't have traded Liriano and we wouldn't have Teoscar. You never judge a player on his September call-up play, but right now, that trade looks like an absolute steal.

I wouldn't mind doing this deal anyday. I always loved the move from the very moment it was made. Hernandez just looked like a promising player and with the amount of talent the Astros had, they weren't giving him enough opportunities. Now having him makes letting Bats walk much less painful as we'll know we have a player capable or maybe even better than Bats

Edited by Beary Sweet

On 9/25/2017 at 3:11 AM, shiznak said:

1. Alomar

2. Steib

3. Halladay

4. Delgado

Never even thought of it yet tbh very interesting, but I think I do have him in the top 5, because I only started following the Jays back in late 92-93 but still as a young kid 7-8 years old. This is my top 5.

1. Alomar

2. Halladay

3. Carter

4. Delgado

5. Bautista